Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

As I said in an earlier post I emailed the planning dept. asking about the work stoppage. That was on Jan 6. I didn't get a reply so on Jan 9 I emailed councillor Wong- Tam. No reply so far there either. Today when I walked by the site there was the usual security guard plus one worker who looked like he was checking on the state of specific parts of the site. Weather has been bad lately with lots of precipitation and more to come and lots of the site is exposed. It's too bad they couldn't have poured that floor before they were shut down. For the record, the last day of work was Dec 12.

As I said in an earlier post I emailed the planning dept. asking about the work stoppage. That was on Jan 6. I didn't get a reply so on Jan 9 I emailed councillor Wong- Tam. No reply so far there either. Today when I walked by the site there was the usual security guard plus one worker who looked like he was checking on the state of specific parts of the site. Weather has been bad lately with lots of precipitation and more to come and lots of the site is exposed. It's too bad they couldn't have poured that floor before they were shut down. For the record, the last day of work was Dec 12.
This isn't in Councillor Wong-Tam's ward, this is in Councillor Layton's ward.

The interest on construction loans is pretty high as is the cost of renting two cranes. He's probably burning at least $30,000 per day with this work stoppage.

Surprised none of the major news outlets have picked up on this story.

That the tallest building in Canada has stopped construction.

Most people don't care. This doesn't affect anyone but the investors, the rich buyers, the signed retail tenants and architecture nerds.

Most people don't care. This doesn't affect anyone but the investors, the rich buyers, the signed retail tenants and architecture nerds.
You could use the same argument for the cancelled/failed condos. Those tend to get tons of clicks. I think @Mercenary 's headline would do well for BlogTO or Toronto Life. It's been over a month since they were forced to stop construction. This isn't normal.

You could use the same argument for the cancelled/failed condos. Those tend to get tons of clicks. I think @Mercenary 's headline would do well for BlogTO or Toronto Life. It's been over a month since they were forced to stop construction. This isn't normal.

Being ordered to stop work by the city because of violations isn't cancellation - and we don't really have evidence of the latter right now.

AoD

Back