Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

20191107_133849.jpg

From above, the beams look like they form a giant stop sign. If there were only five supercolumns, we'd be seeing Toronto's largest pentagram, so a bullet dodged there...

Update today. I won’t be able to post any updates for a few weeks so this one is a day earlier than usual.

Enjoy your time away. We will miss you here.

I was thinking teh same thing. There has to be an inlet somewhere.

It will be so interesting watching the structure rise from here. Im assuming the diagonal supports will be steal beams instead of a rebar cage?

Are there any plans to improve the public realm in this area? For one of the city's most important landmark intersections, it could be better.

Are there any plans to improve the public realm in this area? For one of the city's most important landmark intersections, it could be better.
I must be feelin' punchy today.

1. Let's finish the tallest building in the city first.
2. No. Because when we finish the building, we're gonna dig a hole in the ground and move the Line 2 platform to increase the capacity of Bloor-Yonge Station and foul up the intersection for years of fun and diversion.
3. Let's elect David Miller again and close the intersection and make scrambles and maybe a sheep-grazing meadow down the middle of Yonge Street. We've done such a fabulous job of building alternative ways of getting around, this won't inconvenience anyone a bit.
4. Isn't having Eataly a block away enough fun for any neighbourhood?

Last edited:
Haha point taken, but you didn't answer my question. Does the city have anything even semi official proposed for the medium term (after all the developments you mentioned are complete).

Haha point taken, but you didn't answer my question. Does the city have anything even semi official proposed for the medium term (after all the developments you mentioned are complete).
I myself have no effin' idea. But given my punchy answers above, I can't see the improvements in less than a decade. I'm off to Indigo to get a book and Eataly to see what's new.

They could do something about the constantly failing granite sidewalks from Yonge to Church. Anywhere there's a driveway the granite is constantly cracking. Outside 1 Bloor East pretty well every granite piece is chipped. They could finally install the public art on the northeast corner of Yonge & Bloor outside the Royal Bank. And they could maybe put up christmas lights along the Mink Mile (it looked absolutely dismal last Xmas). Other than that it's probably as good as it's gonna get right now. It looks quite nice in the summer when the trees are in full bloom, especially the south side from Yonge to Church.

For some reason, I like the stretch from Bay west to Avenue. It seemed green this past summer. As for the granite, it is not up to the vehicle traffic it would seem. Time to find something a bit more robust.

For some reason, I like the stretch from Bay west to Avenue. It seemed green this past summer. As for the granite, it is not up to the vehicle traffic it would seem. Time to find something a bit more robust.
It’s also the BIA in charge of the granite, not the city.

Back