Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

sorry i am confused, the first pic shows champagne color other pics show gun metallic color.
It changes in different lighting

For those who doent want to click. the last pic is for the mechanical structure.

Looks good - colouring is not a problem at all, as it is pretty hard to get good photos in that type of daylighting. It will look good.

Anyone know who is fabricating the cladding?
I wonder if it is the same company who is completing the work for the New Toronto Courthouse?

Looks good - colouring is not a problem at all, as it is pretty hard to get good photos in that type of daylighting. It will look good.

Anyone know who is fabricating the cladding?
I wonder if it is the same company who is completing the work for the New Toronto Courthouse?
Gamma is the sub-contractor that is fabricating the envelope for the tower.

For others, an FYI - the moc-up for the "mechanical penthouse" with the horizontal bars, is actually for the south podium privacy screen. The mechanical penthouses are a standard louvre construction.

One conspicuously absent element in the mockup - ground floor glass. Guess Fruitco* is handling that one?

AoD

*Seele/Sedak is the glazing supplier for multiple projects.

Last edited:
Looks like those were taken at their facility just outside Buffalo. Fascinating to see the supply chain for a building like this.. Cladding is being sourced from a plant in rural Upstate New York of all places.

I agree that the champagne colour of the cladding is pretty awesome - or at least in line with current aesthetic. However, with the spotlights, and given the angles of the cladding, I can't help but wonder if the (presumably very bright) lights will reflect into the units and illuminate them from the outside. That would kill me.

I agree that the champagne colour of the cladding is pretty awesome - or at least in line with current aesthetic. However, with the spotlights, and given the angles of the cladding, I can't help but wonder if the (presumably very bright) lights will reflect into the units and illuminate them from the outside. That would kill me.
Uplighting angles are pretty carefully engineered even for much lesser buildings. I stayed near the top of the terribly ugly Niagara Hilton a few years back (on one of the floors with architectural lighting) and couldn't see a thing from inside the room.

Back