Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Just came across this awesome photo realistic rendering in an ad in Toronto Life.

93D4E18E-EB27-465F-B0A9-4FF85B855204.jpeg

By this rendering, I guess we can assume that everyone at The One STAYS IN....and everyone at One Bloor East GOES OUT??? ;)

how many unsold units are there?

It's a high %age compared to most condo developments* at this stage but inline with expectations given the price points.

Few are willing to pay $3Mil for a condo then wait 4 years for occupancy. They'll pay $3.5Mil for a unit that's ready to go in 6 months. That those higher priced units are still available can be viewed as a positive; it can mean the developer isn't desperate and marking the prices far below their potential.

* For the condo portion only. The total %age of floorspace sold is in good shape (based on hints made via the press) when you include the commercial and hotel portions.

Last edited:
It's a high %age compared to most condo developments* at this stage but inline with expectations given the price points.

Few are willing to pay $3Mil for a condo then wait 4 years for occupancy. They'll pay $3.5Mil for a unit that's ready to go in 6 months. That those higher priced units are still available can be viewed as a positive; it can mean the developer isn't desperate and marking the prices far below their potential.

Having a balance of sold vs unsold units can be healthy because it discourages the developer from seeking loopholes in contracts that allows them to cut corners. There are enough sales to fund the development while also encouraging the developer to complete the building as quickly as possible and at the highest quality in order to sell those remaining units and recoup their investment.

My October 11 guess a little premature it seems.

Ughhh ... change the record

VGPROgw.png

UnconsciousNeglectedBug-size_restricted.gif
If this contest started in july of 2017
Having a balance of sold vs unsold units can be healthy because it discourages the developer from seeking loopholes in contracts that allows them to cut corners. There are enough sales to fund the development while also encouraging the developer to complete the building as quickly as possible and at the highest quality in order to sell those remaining units and recoup their investment.
Sold out is better especially with an almost certain long term recession about to hit. The saving grace is everyone is broke so interest will remain at or near zero.

Benito, thank you for all your updates. I can't help but feel bad that your enthusiasm is going to turn into upset as the tower gradually rises and inevitably covers your view.

Yes the tower will block our northeast view, but our east view will remain the same I believe.

Back