Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I thought I'd take this rainy Saturday morning to provide a summary of the guesses received to date in our little "Meeting The Grade" contest for those following this thread.

The list is in chronological order of estimated date:
Chestercopperpot - Oct 11
Deaf_Torontian - Oct 18
AdamS - Oct 29
Contra - Oct 31
Lyphe - Oct 32 (lol)
Koops65 - Nov 6
Travis3000 - Nov 15
TSTORMERS - Nov 16
Packers67 - Nov 22
Heatscore - Nov 25
Ottawan - Dec 9

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in to date!
October 15

I think we should give this a cut-off date for entries so no-one has any competitive advantage by sliding in late. I propose end of day SATURDAY AUGUST 31.

I thought I'd take this rainy Saturday morning to provide a summary of the guesses received to date in our little "Meeting The Grade" contest for those following this thread.

The list is in chronological order of estimated date:
Chestercopperpot - Oct 11
Deaf_Torontian - Oct 18
AdamS - Oct 29
Contra - Oct 31
Lyphe - Oct 32 (lol)
Koops65 - Nov 6
Travis3000 - Nov 15
TSTORMERS - Nov 16
Packers67 - Nov 22
Heatscore - Nov 25
Ottawan - Dec 9

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in to date!

Monday November 18

August 22 (betting on the fact that the forthcoming supercolumn extend all the way to ground level)

Reactions: rbt
A good question Koops. And I ask what is the generally accepted industry standard for 'meeting the grade'? A single rebar extending high? First piece of steel reaching Yonge or Bloor? Hopefully some of our industry/construction experts can supply their opinions? There has to be some sort of agreed-to standard in the business does there not?

A good question Koops. And I ask what is the generally accepted industry standard for 'meeting the grade'? A single rebar extending high? First piece of steel reaching Yonge or Bloor? Hopefully some of our industry/construction experts can supply their opinions? There has to be some sort of agreed-to standard in the business does there not?
Was thinking this. The supercolumns are potentially to reach grade this month but the actual floors will not follow for months perhaps. I've always felt "at grade" would be if the project were to be done at that point you could walk from curb to building...but many judge it by formwork reaching grade, etc.

Back