Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I'm always happy to play the 'village idiot' on this site surrounded by such experts as I dropped 'crane' after Grade 9. Will the Mega Crane stay in place to build the tower, and this smaller new yellow crane be for the south podium build? Thanks.
Mega Crane is to place large steel support structure up to level 5 of the tower, because it's the only crane that can reach and lift the the weight of the steel sections (40 ton picks) from the side of the street without it being a mobile and shutting the roads down. Once above the podium, the second tower crane will take the Mega crane down and climb the rest of the tower.

IMG_4788.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG

So the new yellow crane will climb the outside of the tower like the crane did at L Tower I guess.
This yellow crane does not have the climbing section for inserts similar to CIBC Square or Ltower cranes and it appears to be outside the base building. A third crane or the large crane to the top or.....?

This yellow crane does not have the climbing section for inserts similar to CIBC Square or Ltower cranes and it appears to be outside the base building. A third crane or the large crane to the top or.....?
it was mentioned a few posts ago that the yellow crane will replace the main crane once they reach the 5th storey.

it was mentioned a few posts ago that the yellow crane will replace the main crane once they reach the 5th storey.
According to a worker both cranes will remain up for awhile then the yellow one will be moved to where the black one is now. On a general level he said the project is a bit behind schedule but not too bad.

Mega Crane is to place large steel support structure up to level 5 of the tower, because it's the only crane that can reach and lift the the weight of the steel sections (40 ton picks) from the side of the street without it being a mobile and shutting the roads down. Once above the podium, the second tower crane will take the Mega crane down and climb the rest of the tower.
So.... Yellow is moved by mega crane to a new internal core location then yellow takes mega crane down and then yellow climbs internal to the core? Or a third crane moves yellow crane to where mega crane is?
Or just wait and see?

So.... Yellow is moved by mega crane to a new internal core location then yellow takes mega crane down and then yellow climbs internal to the core? Or a third crane moves yellow crane to where mega crane is?
Or just wait and see?
The 710 Liebherr (Yellow) Will be moved by the TG2300 Mega crane to on top of the 6th floor South Podium (Structure has been redesigned to take the load down without reshoring). Then the 710 will remove the TG2300 from the core and climb the building as an outer tower crane. Why outer - way easier and faster to climb down and remove then taking it out of the building.

The 710 Liebherr (Yellow) Will be moved by the TG2300 Mega crane to on top of the 6th floor South Podium (Structure has been redesigned to take the load down without reshoring). Then the 710 will remove the TG2300 from the core and climb the building as an outer tower crane. Why outer - way easier and faster to climb down and remove then taking it out of the building.
Thanks! That make sense.
My experience was only limited to Little Crane and Bridge Constructor game apps but I have ~9 years of experience..... watching the ltower.

Back