The One | 309m | 85s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

khaldoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ah come on...this a great page to visit after going to The Well...lowers your blood pressure...like an IV of Valium.

I guess to each his own. I find this development is just as exciting and intricate as the Well. The Well, with few exceptions, looks like standard construction work at scale (think any condo construction at the GTA and multiply it by 8.) The One on the other hand is so different from other sites.

packers67

Member Bio
Reaction score
Given the unique complexities of this site and this build - we shall all need to pack our patience. Fortunately, with our intrepid correspondent Benito on the scene doing his usual fabulous work, we won't miss a step in its evolution!

jameskoole

Member Bio
Reaction score
Seeing the slab get poured and then the first below ground levels starting to come up and eventually reaching grade is going to take this from ho-hum (but interesting) to the next level of excitement.

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
The yellow structure does look like a crane base but not sure why they need it.
View attachment 192887
Didn't they say they need the gigantic crane only to lift the huge pieces equipment (drilling machine). Now that it's gone, there may not be a need in such a large crane, so they will erect a smaller, more traditional crane instead.

pgbuilder

Member Bio
Reaction score
Didn't they say they need the gigantic crane only to lift the huge pieces equipment (drilling machine). Now that it's gone, there may not be a need in such a large crane, so they will erect a smaller, more traditional crane instead.
The are some massive steel members from ground floor to level 5 that the gigantic crane with its lifting capacity needs to pick before it comes down. The other crane is definitely working on the south podium as things speed up for the below grade construction.

packers67

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm always happy to play the 'village idiot' on this site surrounded by such experts as I dropped 'crane' after Grade 9. Will the Mega Crane stay in place to build the tower, and this smaller new yellow crane be for the south podium build? Thanks.

ushahid

Member Bio
Reaction score
they should remove the big crane after some months and the small crane will do the rest of the work.