Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I haven’t been following The One closely in recent months. Is the plan still to have retail open while the rest of the tower is still under construction?

I hope so, downtown really needs another Apple Store, the one in the Eaton Centre doesn't seem to be expanding or moving and is way too crowded.

I hope so, downtown really needs another Apple Store, the one in the Eaton Centre doesn't seem to be expanding or moving and is way too crowded.
They're never going to change that location. Worked there for many years and the decision process for a new store is so insanely specific they'd never find a spot. A relief store downtown is the logical next step - this spot being all but announced I guess.

They're never going to change that location. Worked there for many years and the decision process for a new store is so insanely specific they'd never find a spot. A relief store downtown is the logical next step - this spot being all but announced I guess.
I they desperately need to do something. I have no Apple products but I did go with a friend to get there battery changed yesterday at the Eaton's Center. What chaos it was in there. The person organizing the service was actually yelling things like, 'everyone that hasn't seen me on this side of the table, everyone else......" . This in a store that was so full you could hardly move. For a company that is completely neurotic about every product detail this was comically bad on so many levels.

I they desperately need to do something. I have no Apple products but I did go with a friend to get there battery changed yesterday at the Eaton's Center. What chaos it was in there. The person organizing the service was actually yelling things like, 'everyone that hasn't seen me on this side of the table, everyone else......" . This in a store that was so full you could hardly move. For a company that is completely neurotic about every product detail this was comically bad on so many levels.

Does anyone know the chances of this Apple Store being moved to the corner of Yonge and Queen once the renovation of the historic building on the northwest corner is complete? This way Apple gets their flagship corner location while also retaining their mall access.

This afternoon...

TheOne1.jpg

Big horkin' beasts next to a tiny toy...

TheOne3.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know the chances of this Apple Store being moved to the corner of Yonge and Queen once the renovation of the historic building on the northwest corner is complete? This way Apple gets their flagship corner location while also retaining their mall access.

That makes a lot of sense. I’ve been thinking that myself.

Have we gotten any other indications of an Apple Store at The One, other than my blueprints find earlier this year? And looping back to my original question, does Mizrahi still plan on opening retail early while construction of the tower proceeds above?

that doesnt mean we are looking at potential "The Pit" .. good friends of long gone :"The Stub" .. right ? This just a normal thing that sometimes happens ?

I think you, and many other people as well, highly over estimate how nice the majority of buildings are in other major cities.
that doesnt mean we are looking at potential "The Pit" .. good friends of long gone :"The Stub" .. right ? This just a normal thing that sometimes happens ?

The three musketeers of Toronto development: The Pit, The Stub and don't forget.....

"The Hoarding"

Back