Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Today, some of the cross beams have been installed to connect the corners together.
E90C4ABB-E650-438B-9414-CFBCF0963D2D.jpeg
BFAC717B-90A8-4FB5-8210-B2738E31B9DA.jpeg
ABCF200E-6874-4A62-833C-AD3CB7761A02.jpeg
A3023D18-C8B0-40BC-8A87-A8E192D7689F.jpeg
C93D4EBB-5A4A-43B7-B857-B11FCB3FA934.jpeg
CBDB4B9D-8A64-400C-B999-AB94EE53E7FF.jpeg
E0575504-88B3-4BAA-8C1A-12B18F423391.jpeg

Do you ever leave your place? If you live right there ya wanna take more ground shots... thanks. We appreciate it. One above shot is great and all but seeing as your literally right there. You should be the one taking all the pics from every angel. I would. No disrespect to you and do appreciate what you post. but just an observation that I had to ask. And laugh about.

Do you ever leave your place? If you live right there ya wanna take more ground shots... thanks. We appreciate it. One above shot is great and all but seeing as your literally right there. You should be the one taking all the pics from every angel. I would. No disrespect to you and do appreciate what you post. but just an observation that I had to ask. And laugh about.

You know that when someone says “no disrespect” that is exactly what they are doing don’t you? I’m not getting paid to take photos of The One, I have a full time job that is even more stressful since the pandemic started. So no, I don’t just sit around at home waiting to take photos of this site. When I think of it and I’m on the street I’ll take some photos from the street, but that isn’t everyday that I’m on Yonge or even Bloor. In my first post I was apologetic, but on second thought there is no reason for me to feel apologetic.

Thankfully I know most of the people here appreciate those of us who do take photos as this place wouldn’t be the same without the participation of its members. However, comments like this certainly are quite a turn off from doing so.

Last edited:
...besides there's enough ground shots taken by others (as demonstrated aptly above...and no pun intended), I think it's safe to say we got everything covered for awhile for this project. So we're good! :)

Im gonna have to agree as well. Nobody is under any obligation to take pictures of anything. Communities and forums function like this due to shared passions and interests, and as soon as people expect certain members to do things it becomes more of a chore and less of a passion. Benito should be posting not because other people want him to but because he likes photographing buildings and wants to share those photographs (or at least that's how I see it) and as a result, he should only take and share the photos he wishes.

I for one know that almost every time I come on to UT I look forward to seeing Benito's photos in this thread, but constantly taking photos and posting is quite time consuming frankly and I certainly dont expect anything. It's a treat to be able to visit a forum and have someone post reliably, and it's just that, a treat and if you cant appreciate that or have some entitled expectation for someone else to do something for you, then I recommend buying your own unit next to The One and taking the street level photograph yourself every time you leave your house and then you can post it on here.

@Benito has a privileged view of the site - I for one welcome every pic we get from that perspective, as we had since the beginning of this project. In general it is important for UTers to remember and appreciate that other members taking pics and posting them on here as acts of service, not obligation.

AoD

I'm quite interested to see where this goes from here. Do we see some large scaffolding reach up to pour the second floor slab? Does it just keep going up in steel for a while? What happens?

Same. Either that or I think we’ll be seeing the super columns encased in concrete.

You know that when someone says no disrespect that is exactly what they are doing don’t you? I’m not getting paid to take photos of The One, I have a full time job that is even more stressful since the pandemic started. So no, I don’t just sit around at home waiting to take photos of this site. When I think of it and I’m on the street I’ll take some photos from the street, but that isn’t everyday that I’m on Yonge or even Bloor. In my first post I was apologetic, but on second thought there is no reason for me to feel apologetic.

Thankfully I know most of the people here appreciate those of us who do take photos as this place wouldn’t be the same without the participation of its members. However, comments like this certainly are quite a turn off from doing so.

I for one thank you for all your hard work that you do. Kudo's from Manitoulin Island Ontario.

Back