Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I have no inside knowledge, but columns often span multiple floors. The columns down low might be single storey (on account of how large the storey is), but I'd imagine they'll be multi-storey as the building advances

I would guess that would all depend on the height of the ceilings of the floors. A rough measure although (the main retail floor is clearly taller than the other floors) However at 1014 feet tall divided by 85 floors gives a rough height of 11.93 feet per floor. So possibly the floors are either 9'5" or 10' tall or a bit more. ( I cannot for the life of me see this building having a ceiling height any less than these) As structure has to be accounted for. So yeah given those measurements I can see the super columns possibly being two floors tall or even three.

My F5 button usually only gets this much wear and tear during the NBA offseason. Except we all know this free agent is signing.

Breaking news - We are happy to report that The One has signed a lifetime contract with Toronto’s skyline. As always, we are not sharing financial details of the deal.

Breaking news - We are happy to report that The One has signed a lifetime contract with Toronto’s skyline. As always, we are not sharing financial details of the deal.
Sam "Masai" Mizrahi caught some offguard with that middle-of-the-night Stollerys trade. But it pays off with the Larry O'Brien Norman Foster trophy

That temporary bracing appears to be welded right onto the beams. Not that I am surprised at this...as they really don't want those to go anywhere before they become supports for the building proper. So I am going to figure.
Not welded. Bolted.
Zoom-in shot from this post by @skycandy
TheOne8.jpg

That little metal piece “to me” looks to attach to And or hold up another middle section above yet to come in maybe to be installed to connect them all no?

The temporary bracing is yellow, and attached with bolts. Anything rust-coloured is permanent.
...the problem with this is the way the renders have those beams meeting there with nothing jutting down like that. This suggests at some point they will be removed before being encased.

Again, I could be reading this all wrong. And yes, renders do lie sometimes, I'm told.

That little metal piece “to me” looks to attach to And or hold up another middle section above yet to come in maybe to be installed to connect them all no?
I noticed that too after posting my observation. So these must of come pre-fabbed like that. But again, it appears they'll be eventually lopped off.

That little downleg would only take 15-20 minutes for an apprentice to remove with a torch. It's really not hard to blow out a weld. But then they might also be using that leg for something else once the temporary supports come out. I could see them being reused as an attachment point for an extra brace or a joist later down the road. Depends what the finish detail looks like, where the ceiling is, etc.

That down piece could be either - temporary as it's the only part for some of the angled beams sitting on the yellow structure (in some of those pics), or permanent for future bracing or to support the ceiling of the retail space.

Last edited:

Back