Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Today.
F32FB0D1-A430-4565-BCC2-15F0E5DB4F52.jpeg
40296726-EF6F-4792-ACFE-3F6AEA005BE7.jpeg
2056DAB1-EA9E-43EF-BD0E-DE45CB56324A.jpeg
D6B8E31E-D518-484F-9814-A8C458E64899.jpeg
78D2EB15-D667-49A0-8583-5FC04A797CFA.jpeg
4180135E-DB8B-45FA-AAB8-2531E8359185.jpeg

It will stand out anywhere due to its height from far away views. Especially views looking south north of Bloor and in the places throughout the GTA where you can see the Yonge St. Corridor from the side.
It definitely will stand out from my office views @St. Clair. Going to be great watching it rise from here.

It's going to be pretty impressive (lot's of other filler around this too so will look even more balanced imo...)

Group 1.png

Wonder how long before the Bay and CIBC buildings on the north end of the Bloor Yonge intersection get redeveloped. They are built in the 1970s and nearing the end of their use.

I wonder if they would just add on top similar to 488 University or if they would prefer to tear down and rebuild like 270 Park Ave. in New York. Demo a 707 ft. building to build taller. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/270_Park_Avenue

I wonder if they would just add on top similar to 488 University or if they would prefer to tear down and rebuild like 270 Park Ave. in New York. Demo a 707 ft. building to build taller. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/270_Park_Avenue

I don't know whether 2 Bloor West could be made structurally sound enough for a substantial addition. I wouldn't mind seeing new glazing (not like Simpson's/The Bay on Queen lol) and wonder what happened to the base plans below.

As for The Bay across the street, tear it down and sell it to Great Gulf... use the proceeds to revamp the pre-cast bunker along Bloor East.

2BloorWest.jpg

Link

Wonder how long before the Bay and CIBC buildings on the north end of the Bloor Yonge intersection get redeveloped. They are built in the 1970s and nearing the end of their use.
One day but there are still many less expensive prime sites in the city left to develop. If you asked anyone including myself 50 years ago if the south corners of Yonge and Bloor would take another 40-50 years to get developed with two subway lines underneath they would have laughed at you yet here we are. One thing for sure when they do redevelop the north corners it's going to be massive.

It was talked about - an extension, vertical addition and recladding as part of the Yorkville Square vision - https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...giannone-petricone.11261/page-49#post-1377551

It wouldn't be easy either - it is on top of the subway tunnel

Screen-Shot-2020-09-18-at-2-36-36-PM.png

It will stand out anywhere due to its height from far away views. Especially views looking south north of Bloor and in the places throughout the GTA where you can see the Yonge St. Corridor from the side.
It definitely will stand out from my office views @St. Clair. Going to be great watching it rise from here.

View attachment 269999
It's going to be pretty impressive (lot's of other filler around this too so will look even more balanced imo...)

View attachment 270229

[/QUOTE]
The actual render from a similar perspective:
Unfortunately not that tall. I think that render makes it look around 340 to 360m, but I might be wrong.

Here are the Skyscraperpage illustrations.

Ok. Here's my attempt at replicating this angle:

The One Future Skyline 09.18.2020.png

View attachment 270229
I look very much forward to your progression diagrams again for this project, Mr. Contra. And assuming and hoping that this project doesn't stall out on us again. /bows

Back