Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Only one week remains to supply your guesses on our "Meeting The Grade" contest before entry closing deadline of end of day Saturday August 31.( And as discussed earlier this week, meeting grade will be defined as when the ground floor is poured and you can walk from curb to building's ground floor.).
Here is an updated list, in chronological order, of the 20 entrants to date:
@raptor - Aug 22 (swingandamiss there Raptor)
@ErieHall - Oct 4
@ChesterCopperpot - Oct 11
@thaivic - Oct 15
@Deaf_Torontian - Oct 18
@leftfieldto - Oct 25
@AdamS - Oct 29
@Contra - Oct 31
@Lyphe - Oct 32 (lol)
@skycandy - Nov 3
@Koops65 - Nov 6
@isaidso - Nov 7
@travis3000 - Nov 15
@tstormers - Nov 16
@Big Daddy - Nov 18
@packers67 - Nov 22
@heatscore - Nov 25
@Rascacielo - Nov 29
@Ottawan - Dec 9
@vz64 - Dec 15

(Oh, and the next time I have a knucklehead idea of start one of these things, somebody please slap me upside the head)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a structural engineer. So I have a dumb question.

How did they install Pre-rebar encased steel beams onto the floor plate? Did they weld them into place or what?

I am not a structural engineer. So I have a dumb question.

How did they install Pre-rebar encased steel beams onto the floor plate? Did they weld them into place or what?
From the looks of the photos posted earlier of the installation it's some real big nuts and bolts (you can see one of the steel workers with an impressively large wrench) that attach each prebuilt super-column to the next. They'd then likely tie rebar to the columns' rebar when forming each floor. This build is slightly unique in that it's a largely concrete tower with concrete encased super-columns made of steel.

Last edited:
Minor fire on site.

AoD

Was wondering what happened

Only one week remains to supply your guesses on our "Meeting The Grade" contest before entry closing deadline of end of day Saturday August 31.( And as discussed earlier this week, meeting grade will be defined as when the ground floor is poured and you can walk from curb to building's ground floor.).
Here is an updated list, in chronological order, of the 20 entrants to date:
@raptor - Aug 22 (swingandamiss there Raptor)
@ErieHall - Oct 4
@ChesterCopperpot - Oct 11
@thaivic - Oct 15
@Deaf_Torontian - Oct 18
@leftfieldto - Oct 25
@AdamS - Oct 29
@Contra - Oct 31
@Lyphe - Oct 32 (lol)
@skycandy - Nov 3
@Koops65 - Nov 6
@isaidso - Nov 7
@travis3000 - Nov 15
@tstormers - Nov 16
@Big Daddy - Nov 18
@packers67 - Nov 22
@heatscore - Nov 25
@Rascacielo - Nov 29
@Ottawan - Dec 9
@vz64 - Dec 15

(Oh, and the next time I have a knucklehead idea of start one of these things, somebody please slap me upside the head)
Sept 28

Back