Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

On my morning walks it's very common to see crews show up earlier than that, 6:15-6:30. Typical for all sites in the area.

I'm not denying that some crews are coming in early, but you're still going to see the bulk of the work being done from 7 - 3. The union contracts are written in a way that a shift premium generally needs to be paid for hours outside of a 7 - 5 window, so there's a pretty good disincentive to bring in workers earlier than that

I'll acknowledge that the most highly visible workers (on the ground, along the sidewalk, and the ones receiving loads from the crane) are the ones most likely to be paid to come in early, because a trailer that takes half an hour to unload at 6am is going to take two hours to unload at 9am. Definitely smart to pay those guys an extra 15%/hr to get the work done quicker. But it would be a ridiculous waste of money to pay the electricians or plumbers or drywallers extra money to be doing interior work in the wee hours of the morning. Just as easy to get that work done during regular hours

On my morning walks it's very common to see crews show up earlier than that, 6:15-6:30. Typical for all sites in the area.

My dad is an electrician on a Centrecourt project right now and he's doing 6 to 2. By the time I've woken up and got my brain started for the usual boring office work, he's already put in a half days worth of productive work 😫

Supercolumns becoming more “super” today, have a look at the northwestern pair.
23C5BB8C-7A44-4A14-A216-7A0C579FD9B9.jpeg
F82C9D66-F1FD-4D77-8A54-A9920E4E1C0C.jpeg
5BC86CF7-9B73-471B-B386-C854E6885634.jpeg
84447BE1-03C0-4697-A87A-F0689E7C6B7B.jpeg
3E00FB76-3BDF-4085-B46B-3334FE9EA3B2.jpeg

Guess we won't be seeing external construction elevators:

AoD

I’m hoping you’re correct and based on the Otis linked article it would seem so. External lifts are kind of loud and the crew are often making noise starting around 6 am as they start their work so having internal elevators for the crew to use would be wonderful.

I personally was hoping they'd use turbolift mechanics instead. Though I suspect we're a few generations and a dog's age a way from anything like that, to put it mildly... :(

TheOne-west.png

^ the red stuff
https://onebloorwest.com
OK, I've never seen a site-plan and I know this has an elevator core in the centre... but am I the only dumba$$ who doesn't know what the row of rectangles on the extreme west side are for (AdamS' pic)?

Someone pleeez tell me... driving me nuts. And don't say hot-tubs.

OK, I've never seen a site-plan and I know this has an elevator core in the centre... but am I the only dumba$$ who doesn't know what the row of rectangles on the extreme west side are for (AdamS' pic)?

They’re elevator cores servicing the lower levels of the building. It was designed in such a way that it allows for open floor plates for the retail and commercial levels. If you want to access the hotel and residential lobbies, you will take those sets of elevators to the corresponding levels before transferring to secondary lifts located in the central tower core.

They're the elevators for the lower levels. The main elevator core doesn't start at grade (as to allow a fully open space for the Apple Store and the restaurant above), so the lower levels are serviced by a different set of elevators on the West side of the site.

They’re elevator cores servicing the lower levels of the building. It was designed in such a way that it allows for open floor plates for the retail and commercial levels. If you want to access the hotel and residential lobbies, you will take those sets of elevators to the corresponding levels before transferring to secondary lifts located in the central tower core.

Thanks steve for clarifying (kinda thought parking elevators, forgot about lobbies). Cheers.

Back