Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There is nothing going on unfortunately.
20200102_102527.jpg

I was going to post the same, I haven't seen anyone on site other than security is a couple of weeks. I guess they're waiting on the permits to continue construction.
So we still don't know the reason why work was ordered to stop?

So we still don't know the reason why work was ordered to stop?
Non compliance....in other words....the city gave them an opportunity to correct their incompetence and they ignored it. After 2 1/2 years they still do not have a permit for the actual structure, only foundation. If you know what to look for the red flags have been waiving on this project for well over a year...(by my count it took about 24 attempts to get the foundation grade correct) you want a new contest? By the time this is completed will Mizrahi still own it? Shouldn't the construction management firm have been replaced by now? If not then Mizrahi is incompetent not the construction management firm...either way, one or all parties involved are incompetent.

Other than that it's a great looking project and will make a fine addition to the city.

In response to Got It Right's post above, I am reminded of Joni Mitchell, who once sang, "pave paradise, put up a parking lot".

I didn't read bias. Just a very valid opinion backed by facts.
well.. by observing the history of this particular development, one can argue that the City, with slightly political climate around this proposal, was never overly supportive of it in the first place..
this 'very valid opinion' above is basically endorsing action taken by one side of the issue, so I would like to know the other side of the story, before forming my own 'valid' opinion..

I do find once this project went up, a whole slew of new users showed up to slag on it, and specifically, on Mizrahi. I have always felt they were in cahoots or working for Mizrahi's sketchy former partner and international fugitive, Mahmoud Khavari.

well.. by observing the history of this particular development, one can argue that the City, with slightly political climate around this proposal, was never overly supportive of it in the first place..
this 'very valid opinion' above is basically endorsing action taken by one side of the issue, so I would like to know the other side of the story, before forming my own 'valid' opinion..
Conspiracy theories aside, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Yes, lets talk about facts. What other building in Toronto has this happened to? It's not a good sign and UT members are right to bring up Mizrahi's questionable past actions. Reputation is everything, right?

Back