Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Is this project Canceled? That will be ridiculous and there at street level. Does this usually happen to all condos?
Welcome to the forum! Apologies for the angry faced response...

Project isn't cancelled, there was a stop work order issued a little while ago which requires (from my understanding) a review that the site is back up to safety requirements before proceeding. I can't recall seeing something posted before but I'm sure there's a lot of examples. The progress is a little slower on this one because of the size of the staging area (so small) and the sheer complexity of the steelwork (preparing for a super-column).

Project isn't cancelled, there was a stop work order issued a little while ago which requires (from my understanding) a review that the site is back up to safety requirements before proceeding. I can't recall seeing something posted before but I'm sure there's a lot of examples. The progress is a little slower on this one because of the size of the staging area (so small) and the sheer complexity of the steelwork (preparing for a super-column).
Thanks for the reply back.. i thought it was canceled because it will be a nice addition to the skyline.

4569E5EF-58E6-4189-8232-8BCD3A23BF54.jpeg
6E88D518-04A5-421F-A540-7AC67E309D18.jpeg

I believe work order is permit related, if it was safety related the Ministry of Labour would have issued the order.

Wow. Thanks for those photos @desktoplinux. It looks like this will be a mostly steel assembly from this point on. Like CIBC Square, this tower is going to fly up once they get into the repeating segment assembly. After the more complex podium, there are only 4 identical segments of 3 sub segments, each with a number of floors and then a smaller segment to top the tower off. As they bolt on the mega columns and hanging struts, they'll be adding about 5 stories in height at a time. This is going to go up fast... as soon as they get their construction permit back. ?

It's still a mostly poured concrete structure. It's not like CIBC Square with metal decking and concrete topping.

It's poured concrete floors, walls and columns (the mega columns have structural steel inside them).

Does anyone have a photo of site from New Year's 2018 they could post? It would be interesting to see the progress they made in one calendar year. Also, if someone in the 'hood could take a site photo either today or tomorrow would be great to have on file for a year's time.

Does anyone have a photo of site from New Year's 2018 they could post? It would be interesting to see the progress they made in one calendar year. Also, if someone in the 'hood could take a site photo either today or tomorrow would be great to have on file for a year's time.

Page 301 - Dec 29, 2017

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...velopments-foster-partners.18167/post-1290251

Page 357 - Dec 31, 2018

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...velopments-foster-partners.18167/post-1408322

Back