Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

And the view from midway between...

One_1.jpg

One_2.jpg

One_3.jpg

One_4.jpg

Similar to another One (Yonge), cementing in a maze of tubes...

One_5.jpg

Depth measurement I presume? Or he just found a lost pendant?

One_6.jpg

There's rebar. Then there's REBAR!

One_7.jpg

One_8.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they make this building go even higher . With all the reinforcements into the ground. Making it take so long to go up way up!!

View attachment 195606
Bloorman

I guess they will build first tower portion before they demolish access road bridge

The Tower is smaller than the rectangle you've drawn there. I'd probably look at PJ Condos as an example of how they will integrate the staging area to the podium (though I think most of the staging area is actually going to be laneway for parking/valet).

Do they still plan to open the retail podium while the tower is under construction? I know it’s been done before (Aura), but that wasn’t an outer crane. It will be something to see an outer crane rising more than 300 m from the side of the building while people shop at the Apple store.
Same principle with an inner tower and an outer tower. It's not the crane, but the loads that they are picking and where from, and where it can carry those loads over, which have been accounted for in the beginning stages of the projects.

View attachment 195606
Bloorman

I guess they will build first tower portion before they demolish access road bridge

Incorrect.

The tower follows the path of the major footings that we've seen poured. It'll rise unimpeded without having to remove the access bridge. That bridge will be the site of the Yonge St. retail podium and garage access. As far as we can tell, the bridge will form a part of the floor of this podium without having to be demolished. On the other side, there'll be a residential and hotel podium on Bloor.

Back