Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

IMG_4844.JPG

Plenty of competition there: Rosedale on Bloor, the underground generating station on Bremner, Yorkville Residences, etc.

M+G would like a word

I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally hoping it would show up in today's City Council meeting as new business with a recommendation for approval, but now we need to wait for the fall for more movement...

At least this site is going to remain interesting for a while!

Hoping that WHAT would be approved at City Council? This building IS approved, is it not?

Not to get further off topic from The One, but when Great Gulf resubmitted M+G in late December with the slight height increases on both towers and added hotel space it triggered a rezoning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it had something to do with the fact that the prior zoning amendment precluded any typical committee of adjustment type action.

I doubt it will be considered a de novo zoning amendment application, and there's no doubt they were talking to the city before resubmitting, but that's the cause of the hold up.

The 710 Liebherr (Yellow) Will be moved by the TG2300 Mega crane to on top of the 6th floor South Podium (Structure has been redesigned to take the load down without reshoring). Then the 710 will remove the TG2300 from the core and climb the building as an outer tower crane. Why outer - way easier and faster to climb down and remove then taking it out of the building.

Do they still plan to open the retail podium while the tower is under construction? I know it’s been done before (Aura), but that wasn’t an outer crane. It will be something to see an outer crane rising more than 300 m from the side of the building while people shop at the Apple store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back