Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There actually is an update--new SPA docs have been uploaded:

As you are aware, we are the solicitors for Mizrahi Development Group (The One) Inc., the registered
owner of the properties municipally known as 1, 9 & 11 Bloor Street West and 760, 762, 768, 770,
774, 774½, 776, 778, 780, 782 & 784 Yonge Street in the City of Toronto (the “Site”). Our client is
pleased to provide the within revised plans and related materials, which revisions we are confident
respond to all of the remaining technical comments received from Engineering and Construction
Services, Strategic Initiatives and Policy Analysis, the TTC, Community Planning, and Heritage
Preservation Services .

We trust that the within submission responds to all comments received to date, and would
respectfully request the issuance of the Notice of Approval Conditions. Should you have any
questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the writer, or Jessica
Smuskowitz, a lawyer in our office.

That circle looks like a good spot for a store logo :eek:

aalJyyF.jpg

What do you mean? Every site I went by today was active.

Many friends I have in construction are all business-as-usual.

Of course, this is an exponentially-evolving situation, so that may change by EOW.

I've gotten emails advising that any project may shut down at any time, and that everyone should be prepared for that.

The big issue is the supply chains feeding the sites. If warehouses, factories, etc need to shut down it's only a matter of time before the sites run out of something that will prevent further work from happening.

I've gotten emails advising that any project may shut down at any time, and that everyone should be prepared for that.

The big issue is the supply chains feeding the sites. If warehouses, factories, etc need to shut down it's only a matter of time before the sites run out of something that will prevent further work from happening.

I've also received notice of the same thing for my projects on the go, but the issue for us is simply the trades refusing to work. If any trades people come out saying they feel unsafe coming to work - we are to accept that.

I've also received notice of the same thing for my projects on the go, but the issue for us is simply the trades refusing to work. If any trades people come out saying they feel unsafe coming to work - we are to accept that.

As an OT - I wonder if there is a way to rush finish the St Mike's addition.

AoD

Sites are generally isolated from one another so if a worker on one got it, yes the site would be shut, but not the broader industry. That kind of mass shut down would more likely happen by dictate from the union(s).

Sites are generally isolated from one another so if a worker on one got it, yes the site would be shut, but not the broader industry..
i understand but it's a huge industry with the other guys hauling dirt from different sites, guys delivering steel, the concrete guys going from site to site, the demolition crews, etc....also i believe that electricians, plumbers, drywallers/painters could be be relocated to different sites at any given time,
any cases of that could cause a shutdown

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if all construction sites soon shut down. They're reporting that tiny airborne droplets of the virus can still survive for up to three hours. So in theory you could be working outside on a construction site, ten feet away from other construction workers, and still contract it if you're not wearing a mask.

Yesterday we received an email (Daniels) foretelling delays in a condo (Regent Park) we purchased awhile back. Attached was a Tarion PDF describing some of the potential concerns. And it’s two-fold: initially supply chain issues and then a ‘remobilization period’ where trades are back-logged. So this could affect many many sites to minimize the virus spread as well as supply chain issues.

DA636D9F-1D6B-48EA-AC39-AB0237FAC4A8.jpeg

D3F6D1DC-A21F-4E6A-A896-47052211D59A.jpeg

Back