Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
The One 
1 Bloor West, Toronto
Developer: Mizrahi Developments

The One | 306m | 85s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners | Page 294

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by urbandreamer, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ChesterCopperpot

ChesterCopperpot Senior Member

Can't see the floorplans and trying not to be too obvious - but on the roof?

2. Filip

Filip Senior Member

No stairs going up from the third floor. So I’m not sure if this is still planned. Unless it’s elevator access only.

The bedrooms are also tiny. The penthouse’s master bedroom is about the size of mine. 12x14.

3. AlvinofDiaspar

AlvinofDiaspar Moderator

According to the floorplans, there is a spiral staircase leading to the roof.

AoD

steveve likes this.
  4. Filip

Filip Senior Member

I thought that staircase was down access only! I assumed because there’s two. Surprised there’s no floorplan of the deck. That would be the main selling feature for me (if I had 20 mil to drop)

Skeezix likes this.
  5. AlvinofDiaspar

AlvinofDiaspar Moderator

I don't think it is a one-way staircase. There is a floorplan including the deck posted in this thread awhile ago. The staircase lead to an entrance portico and there is a outdoor cooking/dining area to one side of the terrace level.

AoD

steveve likes this.
  6. steveve

steveve Senior Member

Fixed.

For the most part, I think bedrooms have gotten smaller in condo units over the past several decades. Floor plans have gotten more ‘efficient’, that is squeezing more into less.

Kotsy graciously provided a digital copy of he floorplans in the real estate thread a few weeks back. Post #21 below.
    http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/the-one-mizrahi-developments-real-estate.21270/page-2

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    AlvinofDiaspar likes this.
  7. Benito

Benito Senior Member

5EED0868-73AA-4FE7-A432-BF24CDA312A9. CB5A9C44-33EB-4AE9-BC70-38C06D44F737. Today.

jaybe, someMidTowner, steveve and 2 others like this.
  8. Filip

Filip Senior Member

I don’t know... when you’re playing with 6600sqf that’s a bit of a small bedroom. I know I can’t fit much more than a king, two night tables and a dresser in there. For a penthouse I’d expect at least a seating area!

Anyway just expectations I’d have from an ultra lux property. I am nowhere near able to purchase of course.

9. steveve

steveve Senior Member

For reference, I've attached two screenshots of the 2nd and 3rd level of the penthouse unit in question.

Re-examining the layout, it's not terribly small, but I agree I would have expected larger. But remember, this 6000 (6037 to be exact) square feet spread across 3 levels. Some of the benefits of the stacked arrangement include the grand double-height living areas that are made possible on the 82nd and 83rd level. The downside, being less usable space on each of the levels, especially the second-level which is divided in half, making the individual floor plates much smaller to work with (also notice how much space the staircase occupies). At The One, there are four penthouses. A single-level penthouse would have likely had larger rooms and more usable space, but from a sales perspective, you lose out on only having one true penthouse unit, with the rest being 'lower-penthouse' units. Similar thing with Shangri-la, where 2 penthouses became 4. But if you want a master bedroom fit for an emperor, you should see the one in the Trump Super Penthouse - it's in a league of its own.
    But going back to the size of the bedroom, the marketing of the building has heavily emphasized the column-free interiors for unit customization. I assume that will be and option attached to the unit upon sale.

the-one-floor-plans 2. the-one-floor-plans 3.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    jaybe, Benito and Filip like this.
  10. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

I am surprised to see those floors numbered 83 and 84, as that's not how they are numbered on the interactive system that they installed at the presentation centre. According to it, these suites would be on levels 80, 81, and 82.

Anyway, there's a quick story up on the front page. Here are some more pics from last night.

DSC01905. DSC02893. DSC03905. DSC04905. DSC05105. DSC05895. DSC05902.

steveve, ADRM, someMidTowner and 2 others like this.
  11. steveve

steveve Senior Member

I’m confused as well. I count 83 full floors on the model (excluding the roof). Maybe the 35 foot ground floor becomes 2 levels in south end of the podium - the segment where the heritage facade is located. Perhaps those might be where the extra floors are coming from.

12. Benito

Benito Senior Member

13. Automation Gallery

Automation Gallery Superstar

Yes i know they are suppose to keep a bit of it, but why haven't they demolished the back end of that heritage eyesore, no permit?

14. ChesterCopperpot

ChesterCopperpot Senior Member

what's the rush?

15. Automation Gallery

Automation Gallery Superstar

Looks painful to work with all the stuff around