Toronto The Millwood | 157.6m | 45s | Times Group | Core Architects

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Have no idea if this is the correct address or if there is even a thread for it. If so move this.

This is the site of the old LBCO at Davisville.

There are no signs up saying what is going to take place other the LBCO one. It stated they could not renew their lease as this property was going to be redevlope. When I saw it on May 29, it had a for lease sign up and that is gone now.

There are 2 boarded up houses to the east of it that will be part of this project.
5905567092_4c914bc87d_b.jpg

5905570404_f8bc5ee8c4_b.jpg

5905568806_81c0d0757b_b.jpg

5905562670_324869a964_b.jpg

5905537222_38a0d27354_b.jpg

5904978471_03fc1efe4f_b.jpg

Site was purchased last year by TIMES GROUP -- same developers who are heavily invested in Richmond Hill/Markham mostly including the Uptown Markham Project.

Can't find a current application on the site so far.

Perfect site for some serious densification - that kind of one storey retail is totally inappropriate for a main street.

Site was purchased last year by TIMES GROUP -- same developers who are heavily invested in Richmond Hill/Markham mostly including the Uptown Markham Project.

Can't find a current application on the site so far.

They also did 500 Sherbourne, which turned out to be pretty decent imo.

This has great potential. A very large site, subway access and could even stretch to corner if they acquire a small strip of retail. Height could be mid-30's if possible which would work for that area. However, it backs onto a school playground so the old Four Seasons-Jesse Ketchum move could be in play regarding a shadowing payoff

This has great potential. A very large site, subway access and could even stretch to corner if they acquire a small strip of retail. Height could be mid-30's if possible which would work for that area. However, it backs onto a school playground so the old Four Seasons-Jesse Ketchum move could be in play regarding a shadowing payoff

Hmm... im thinking a mid rise is the most appropriate, and all along this stretch of yonge, 10-15 storeys would look great as a streetwall along here between davisville and eglinton.

Haven't been here in years but was in the area today and wanted to go pick up some stuff at the Liqbo only to find out it's closed. Ended up having to walk up to Yonge/Eg.

Well anyways, there's scaffolding now up and a demolition permit is posted.

Haven't been here in years but was in the area today and wanted to go pick up some stuff at the Liqbo only to find out it's closed. Ended up having to walk up to Yonge/Eg.

The scaffolding is new; a few of us were at The Twisted Kilt on Monday and nothing changed yet.

If a condo is planned for this site I wonder why they wouldn't leave this building standing until construction starts and use it as a sales center in the meantime :confused:

I guess short term retail infill, kind of like the LCBO @ King/Spadina or NW corner of Yonge/Sheppard, until they have plans for a large scale redevelopment. I could see 30 storeys working here eventually.

"Times Group Corporation" is a developer. So my guess is it is a sales office for a new development.

At least that's the way I interpret it.

Let's hope so. Would be nice to see more intensification at Yonge/Davisville, asap.

Although Peepers brings up a good point. The existing LCBO building is of fair size and would be serviceable enough to serve as a sales office. And I don't see anything in the Times Group's portfolio to anticipate a unique enough design to command a specially built sales centre. (They also manage a bunch of retail plazas in the suburbs.) Off course, I hope my gut feeling is wrong and hopefully this is indeed for a sales office en route to a new condo project.

Last edited:

Back