Toronto The Mercer | 111.55m | 33s | Beaverhall | BBB

Attachments

• The Mercer Rendering.JPG
    The Mercer Rendering.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 279
It appears exterior of The Mercer has retained 100% of the design for 8 Mercer ... I'm guessing perhaps interior changes (smaller units) ??

The only obvious change is the shortening of the brick frame.

New:

TheMercerDusk.jpg

Old :

MercerDayRendering.jpg

Oh yeah, and it's later in the day now. (Cars haven't moved.)

Yet that unidentified, non-existant structure in the background still exists in each render. Note, however, that the structure south of Mercer has turned into a nice tree-lined corner rather than the original bleak blackhole that existed in the earlier render. Residents might elso expect King Street to be reduced to the width of a back alley.

Overall, the top half has been treated better in the new version but it is still very top-heavy.

Yet that unidentified, non-existant structure in the background still exists in each render."]Yet that unidentified, non-existant structure in the background still exists in each render.

You mean the Hotel St Germain?

I believe he means the faded building between 8 Mercer and the Festival Tower.

In the original rendering, it vaguely resembles 370 King Street West (it's badly positioned, though).

hyattregencytoronto.jpg

In the new rendering, it's definitely not 370 King. That building does not exist in that location, whatever it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
+1... I don't see any non-existant structures in that render

Hotel St. Germain is visible in both, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the background tower/fortress that looks like a browned hybrid or mash-up of a tower found at the 401/Yonge merged with a combintation of Hyatt on King and 1 Queen Street West at Yonge/King. But such a building a) doesn't exist and b) doesn't exist in this location.

Also, the rendering of St. Germain is also very inaccurate.

I assume it's supposed to be the Hyatt (nee Holiday Inn). In the first picture the render is way off. In the 2nd it's a bit more accurate. Still in the wrong location in both...

Hmm... so they weren't taking down the sales centre... they were just recladding it in brick.

Scaffolding is starting to come down now and it looks like they are nearly finished. Seems like a lot of effort for a sales centre...

I think it's sacrilege that they're using that song, with its protest lyrics, as a marketing tool. What next, shilling condos with "Blowin' in the Wind" or "Sunday Bloody Sunday"?

Back