Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Borehole sampling yesterday:

20190125_104539.jpg

Oxford plans to have this thing built and opened by 2023. I'd expect approval sometime later this year, breaking ground in 2020 and completed by Q4 2023.

that will be great. the only thing that worries me is the height. I hope they don't decrease the height, we have witnessed it before with CIBC Square and 160 front. Oxford should keep it at 274m(fins)/312m(antenna).

This is a little off the subject. Since the office vacancies rate is really low. I could see a couple of new proposals in this area. One across the street at the Weston Harbour Castle convention property. And the other would be the Lake Shore Boulevard garage on Harbour Street.

ugh? you should look back at this thread before blowing dates......this is next in the pipeline and' should be up and running by those dates

I am not blowing date since Toronto got too many office construction, trust me, they won't break ground till 2022 but if they did break ground in 2020 or 2021, I will be shock

I am not blowing date since Toronto got too many office construction, trust me, they won't break ground till 2022 but if they did break ground in 2020 or 2021, I will be shock
You may want to look a bit more closely at the current and projected vacancy situation in Toronto.

^^ Was about to post that one. We have the opposite of too many. These are all gonna be coming in hot and most are steel so they will be rising quickly too.

condo market is slowing down. I hope the office construction picks up and we get some more and more 200+ and 300m+ office towers in the nxt few years.

that will be great. the only thing that worries me is the height. I hope they don't decrease the height, we have witnessed it before with CIBC Square and 160 front. Oxford should keep it at 274m(fins)/312m(antenna).

If we have learned anything over the last ten + years, it is that they will reduce the height of this and/or any development application. I don't know the true reasoning - but I suspect it has something to do with containing expectations of developers - I don't really know - when it happens though (and it will happen), don't be surprised.

If we have learned anything over the last ten + years, it is that they will reduce the height of this and/or any development application. I don't know the true reasoning - but I suspect it has something to do with containing expectations of developers - I don't really know - when it happens though (and it will happen), don't be surprised.

Most height reductions in the city are due to shadows and density issues. I don't see this one having a problem with either. I could be wrong, but I believe it will stay close to the same height. Though if the market turns for commercial it could shrink/cancel, but that is a separate scenario.

Back