Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Quite frankly, the only location to legitimately break the monotony of the present skyline, is Commerce Court 3, being slimmed down and allowed to soar to at least a 350 metre height, hopefully with a re-imagined design befitting a world city!
i would not worry too much, in the next 20 years we will probably see a bunch of taller 300m + buildings proposed in between the financial core

^ Couldn't agree more . I remember being a part of this (and other) sites back in 2008-2012 time frame and I remember how excited everyone was when it was confirmed we were getting Bay Adelaide West (218m) , the tallest office tower to be built in the city since the early 90s. Then we had One Bloor (257m), Aura (272m) which nobody could believe we were getting towers that tall. Everybody would argue and complain that poor Toronto was doomed for never having any towers over 300m. The city was cursed, counsellors wouldn't allow it, the commercial market would never support a tall tower due to no companies needing space, downsizing, etc.

Fast forward to 2019 and we have CIBC Square (238m/241m) and 160 Front (240m) under construction, The HUB (258m) not far behind then on the condo front we have YSL Condos (299m) under construction, The One Condos (309m) which are under construction, One Yonge (307m) already in sales and likely breaking ground next year. And yet we still complain, and demand more.

I would say this city is doing quite well. Not many cities in the western world can claim to be building MULTIPLE 300m+ residential towers. That goes to show the unprecedented demand in Toronto. We have come a long way... be thankful with what's happening.

So I’ve heard from a very good source that Oxford has been talking to a big tenant to anchor this building . Not sure if anything is signed but from reading between the lines it sounds like we could be hearing an announcement in the next little while. I don’t wanna jynx anything so I debated even writing this. Either way signs are looking promising

So I’ve heard from a very good source that Oxford has been talking to a big tenant to anchor this building . Not sure if anything is signed but from reading between the lines it sounds like we could be hearing an announcement in the next little while. I don’t wanna jynx anything so I debated even writing this. Either way signs are looking promising
Nice, haha spring groundbreaking

Smells like one of the banks then ? Which isn't overly excited. Could be TD maybe ? I recall they were looking for space, they found some temporarily only though ?

Smells like one of the banks then ? Which isn't overly excited. Could be TD maybe ? I recall they were looking for space, they found some temporarily only though ?

I doubt it would be TD, they are going to be an anchor tenant for 160 Front. CIBC is out of the question too. HSBC is off the market as well, since they're occupying 16 York now.

The only domestic bank tenant that I think would even be remotely possible here is National Bank, but they're already building a new headquarters in Montreal.

My money would be more towards an enterprise-level tech tenant. A bank is very unlikely at this point in time.

Yeah my bad, clearly not TD, forgot about that. Rogers is another anchor tenant ? They're probably more then content with their space up near Bloor, doubt they're looking for anymore.

Will be interesting to see ! Really hope it's a net-new player to Toronto, but doubtful ... as an anchor tenant ...

Yeah my bad, clearly not TD, forgot about that. Rogers is another anchor tenant ? They're probably more then content with their space up near Bloor, doubt they're looking for anymore.

Will be interesting to see ! Really hope it's a net-new player to Toronto, but doubtful ... as an anchor tenant ...
For some reason have it in my head that it's going to be Rogers at commerce court 3 but that's probably wrong.

Back