Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

They've screwed themselves on this. There are no anchor tenants, maybe except RBC, who need a new office and could pay for this. They arent going to kick this off without at least a 40% lease ...

When the downtown office vacancy rates are still at 2.5% , never say never. Although with TD Bank taking 160 Front, Scotiabank at Bay Adelaide N, CIBC with their towers. BMO doesn't need anything I've been told, and RBC has built Waterpark Place and RBC Centre in the past 10 years. So I doubt they will need anything as well. Those are your big five banks.

Who's left to fill a 1.4 million square foot office tower? Your guess is as good as mine.

CIBC Square secured a tenant 1+ year after the approval. 160 front secured a tenant almost 2+ years after the approval. this was approved few months ago. have patience. they will find a tenant .

Last edited:
When the downtown office vacancy rates are still at 2.5% , never say never. Although with TD Bank taking 160 Front, Scotiabank at Bay Adelaide N, CIBC with their towers. BMO doesn't need anything I've been told, and RBC has built Waterpark Place and RBC Centre in the past 10 years. So I doubt they will need anything as well. Those are your big five banks.

Who's left to fill a 1.4 million square foot office tower? Your guess is as good as mine.

KPMG in its own tower, EY in EY Tower, PWC in a new tower, Deloitte in a new tower. Maybe Roger's or Bell ...

Telus already has a tower unless they need more space.

Bell and Rogers have campus and towers and the banks have their towers. That leaves "WHO" for this tower?

Generic industry knowledge of office development economics. Nothing specific except that a. Oxford hasn't ever gone spec and b. This is a very expensive tower given the spec and the rates are likely well above CIBC Square meaning not many tenants who could afford it ...

How about Tangerine? It's about time they moved from Markham to help draw some top talent. And I'm sure Scotia would love to add some more presence to help shadow CIBC Square.

I would ask everyone to dial back the speculation a bit; nothing here that merits the thread-bump.

I will be clear I am not commenting on The Hub specifically; and then add there are several large players (not named above) sniffing around the Toronto (core) market for sizable space.

Patience!

Back