Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Ports Toronto is still the Port Authority, clunky new logo notwithstanding. Meaning it's a shady body with precious little transparency and accountability. Can't say I see them suddenly becoming more on the ball - I think they still like to look inward and scheme. Given their involvement I hold little hope that this new project will be anything but a middling tower of middling height. Hope I'm wrong.

I was hoping this evil little fed agency would eventually be dissolved because of their long term inability to perform their mandate...be economically self-sufficient. They are a huge thorn in Toronto's side and need to be run out of town but I'm afraid projects like this will help make them profitable and keep them around forever.

we need more office buildings to neutralize the effect of the ugly tiny, green glass, boxy condo buildings.

they might not need a rezoning here, 45 bay didn't. That would speed up the plan as they would only need site plan approval.

We still have yet to hear anything with regards to a lead tenant for 45 Bay, 160 Front, Union Centre never mind this project.

I don't like bumping stale threads but I did come across this video by Oxford that was released over a year ago, showing the south elevation of this project:
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.49.49 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.49.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 11.49.49 AM.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 931
I don't believe the 315 front image has been seen before either.. Oxford has some interesting projects in the pipeline.

The Cumberland Terrace render looks terrific as well. Wonder what's going to happen now that Oxford sold it...

Back