Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Looks to be about 205-210m that would be my guess. Anyways, it's not a bad design. So many office proposals in TO over the past 12 months. We have 45 Bay, 160 Front St, Union Centre, and now 30 Bay. All over 200m.

Looks to be about 205-210m that would be my guess. Anyways, it's not a bad design. So many office proposals in TO over the past 12 months. We have 45 Bay, 160 Front St, Union Centre, and now 30 Bay. All over 200m.

I can't get these proposals straight in me head. I get 30 bay confused with 45 bay, 160 Front confused with that other Front development. Bleh... its all a big blur.

So what are the chances these all get built?

Well we all know that Ivanhoe Cambridge (45 Bay) is commited to breaking ground this spring, the other three are all by reputable developers, so they will eventually get built.....but when who knows?
If there is no market collapse, im going to say 160 Front will break ground in the next (1-2yrs),
Considering Oxford is behind 30 Bay, it, will fall somewhere in between (2-5yrs)
Union Centre most likely will be the last (5-10yrs), with Allied Properties first breaking ground on one or both of their other two office tower proposals, (388 King West, 29s + Downtown West, 32s)

Last edited:
Did a google image search and found this, scroll down on the page a bit to see 30 Bay

http://www.altusinsite.com/index.php?page=searchengine&searchby=by_cont_id&contact=4556

View attachment 40931

I wish they could make this building similar to the Water Park Towers next door that has half wall and half for the facade. That would compliment the old Port Authority build next to it. I'm getting board of the same blue green silver looking façades. We need some earth tone colours like the Water Park Towers next door.

The tower itself looks nice I suppose. Something that I think will grow on me in the future. I hope this is just the preliminary design for the streetfront retail.

But I am really happy about any new connections or additions to the PATH network. :)

I don't mind the fins along Bay St, though I could do without them along Lakeshore. Anyways, I assume the PATH extension could just connect to the one running through the north-eastern part of the Menkes development?

I like the design, looks a lot like EY which makes sense given it is the same architect. I really hope at least one of these office towers decide to play with a bit more colour though. On the bright side... these reflective buildings do look great at sun rise, sun set and on nice blue days... just not so thrilling during the grey winter. Exciting none the less.

Pretty dreary, looking up Bay St. from the Queens Quay
30 Bay + 45 Bay will definitely be a game changer:cool:

Iit wont be long before the Confrence Centre @ 11 Bay is razed for something overtop
.....also wonder:confused: if it has some kind of heritage designation?

Back