Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

You mean the logo for PortsToronto that is on the link you posted?

BAI14tX.jpg

god it's awful, don't even know where to begin

A jet of water that turns yellow and spurts upwards. Hmmm. No, I don't think there's anything to be positive about.

On the other hand, the name change itself is at least a step in the right direction.

On the other hand, the name change itself is at least a step in the right direction.

Sadly, it's all for show:
“Jettisoning the word ‘authority’ is an intentional move that personifies our mandate to work together with stakeholders, agencies, governments and the community on initiatives that benefit the city,” said agency CEO Geoffrey Wilson in a press release.

“Our organization has over a century of history and a legacy of building the waterfront and investing in infrastructure to serve Torontonians,” Wilson said.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/5266102-toronto-port-authority-rebrands-to-portstoronto/

Personifies!! Actually, it had a legacy of doing nothing with it, and had to be fought tooth and nail by those who'd like to do something.

AoD

Totally agree. I just think the new name feels at least a bit more contemporary. But I share your reservations about the group in question.

there has been a rendering released for this project by Altus/RealNet in their latest market update presentation (home page of Realnet website for those with access). There is a slide in the powerpoint deck showing proposed office towers in Toronto (45 bay, Allied Front, 165 front, etc.), and it includes a picture of the proposed 30 bay street development by Oxford. White/blue glass tower, minimal details. Reminds me a bit of 100 Adelaide (EY Tower), but with less distinguishing features... I'll try and get a picture up, unless anyone else can.

There is a slide in the powerpoint deck showing proposed office towers in Toronto (45 bay, Allied Front, 165 front, etc.), and it includes a picture of the proposed 30 bay street development by Oxford. White/blue glass tower, minimal details. Reminds me a bit of 100 Adelaide (EY Tower), but with less distinguishing features... I'll try and get a picture up, unless anyone else can.

Is this slide an actual rendering by the developer, or is it a "vision" by Altus/RealNet showing the expected scale of the project for comparison to the other projects?

Back