Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

I wonder if disconnecting the YUS line from union station and making it go further south to service the south core would be a possible. Then have the DRL go East West from Union station. I guess it would reduce congestion at union and service our newly developing South Core?

Then the terminus stop could be on Toronto Islands

Sorry to resurrect this thread with not much info
.... but this is interesting

Toronto Port Authority Rebrands as PortsToronto
A vector within the logo represents the various business units using a colour spectrum. The vector begins as a dark blue wavy line which represents the corporate brand and is both reminiscent of water and a nod to the heritage colour of PortsToronto’s predecessors. The line turns to a lighter shade of sky blue to represent Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport; then turns green to represent the Port of Toronto, where water meets land and ships come to dock; and then yellow to represent the Outer Harbour Marina and the sunshine and fair weather favoured by recreational boaters. The line then turns into an ascending orange arrow to represent future opportunities including the 30 Bay Street office building which is currently in the early stages of development with joint venture partner Oxford Properties. The colour scheme in the vector will be reflected in all business-unit branding elements to connect each of the units together and then back to the PortsToronto corporate brand.
More.....http://www.portstoronto.com/PortsTo...-Port-Authority-Rebrands-as-PortsToronto.aspx

Toronto Port Authority Rebrands as PortsToronto
A vector within the logo represents the various business units using a colour spectrum. The vector begins as a dark blue wavy line which represents the corporate brand and is both reminiscent of water and a nod to the heritage colour of PortsToronto’s predecessors. The line turns to a lighter shade of sky blue to represent Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport; then turns green to represent the Port of Toronto, where water meets land and ships come to dock; and then yellow to represent the Outer Harbour Marina and the sunshine and fair weather favoured by recreational boaters. The line then turns into an ascending orange arrow to represent future opportunities including the 30 Bay Street office building which is currently in the early stages of development with joint venture partner Oxford Properties. The colour scheme in the vector will be reflected in all business-unit branding elements to connect each of the units together and then back to the PortsToronto corporate brand.
More.....http://www.portstoronto.com/PortsTo...-Port-Authority-Rebrands-as-PortsToronto.aspx

That's one anemic, ponderous logo. Some branding.

AoD

The New Office Development dated September 2013, stated that 30 Bay St will be roughly 944,000 square feet. That's what, roughly 40 storeys? I wonder how much of that info has been thrown out the window once we see some plans. Oxford and the TPA (now Ports Toronto) have been in the mix since 2012, so I hope to say we can expect some quality here.

http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/TorontoOfficeDevelopment_Sep2013.pdf

Hahaha you haven't even seen it, is there anything you like??

You mean the logo for PortsToronto that is on the link you posted?

BAI14tX.jpg

It's crazy that computers make so many feel empowered enough to forego hiring professionals. Obviously someone at the TPA figured their kid could design a new logo and they've saved a little money doing that.

It's crazy that computers make so many feel empowered enough to forego hiring professionals. Obviously someone at the TPA figured their kid could design a new logo and they've saved a little money doing that.

That wouldn't even be so bad. I bet what actually happened was the person, who was absolutely and undoubetdly chosen on...umm...ahh...merit, was paid quite handsomely.

Last edited:
Ports Toronto is still the Port Authority, clunky new logo notwithstanding. Meaning it's a shady body with precious little transparency and accountability. Can't say I see them suddenly becoming more on the ball - I think they still like to look inward and scheme. Given their involvement I hold little hope that this new project will be anything but a middling tower of middling height. Hope I'm wrong.

Ports Toronto is still the Port Authority, clunky new logo notwithstanding. Meaning it's a shady body with precious little transparency and accountability. Can't say I see them suddenly becoming more on the ball - I think they still like to look inward and scheme. Given their involvement I hold little hope that this new project will be anything but a middling tower of middling height. Hope I'm wrong.

Oh please, why all the negativity?...OK, lets sell them to Waterfront Toronto for $1 Dollar, lol:D

Oh please, why all the negativity?...OK, lets sell them to Waterfront Toronto for $1 Dollar, lol:D

Wait till you find out how much printers charge for coloured letterheads.

The line then turns into an ascending orange arrow to represent future opportunities including the 30 Bay Street office building which is currently in the early stages of development with joint venture partner Oxford Properties

Honestly, a graph like that is suggestive of a crash waiting to happen instead.

graph1920-1929.gif

(Retrived from http://www.djindexes.com/mdsidx/images/avgimages/graph1920-1929.gif)

AoD

Attachments

• graph1920-1929.gif
    graph1920-1929.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,181

Back