Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Well if they wanna have occupancy in 2023 like their site says they better close this parking lot down permanently! They are running out of time.

only if they have a tenant they can start the construction. alot of developers have said in the past that they will start on spec but they waited till the projects were leased.

there is no construction without building permits. I can't find any building permits for this site

My guess is the trailers are for construction staff during interior renovations to 60 Harbour. This wouldn't need permits (AFAIK) so long as they don't touch anything structural. I've been told they started gutting floors while Port Authority was still moving out, and the Port Authority did their final move out a couple weeks ago.

The trailers will likely disappear when staff can use the building, and excavation (if it's going to happen) will be after the trailers are removed.

Last edited:
More trailers

62D4ABC6-E6D4-4A5D-BB8F-DBAB07F8D3EE.jpeg

there is no construction without building permits. I can't find any building permits for this site
Not yet but i expect it to be approved by the next Toronto and East York Community Council on June/25 2019

A Community Consultation Meeting is scheduled for June 5, 2018. A Final Report will be submitted for Council's consideration following community consultation, the resolution of outstanding issues related to this application and the holding of a statutory Public Meeting under the Planning Act. The approval target timeline for the Final Report is anticipated to be in the first quarter of 2019.
https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-115563.pdf

Yay:cool: ....going up for approval @ Toronto and East York Community Council on June/25 2019

Summary
This application proposes to permit the construction of a 60-storey (281 metre high) office development including an 8 storey podium and 4 levels of underground parking at 30 Bay Street and 60 Harbour Street. The existing heritage building on the property, The Toronto Harbour Commission Building, will be preserved in its entirety and will be connected to the development by a glass atrium at the north side of the building. The tower portion of the proposed office building will cantilever over a small portion of the heritage building at a height of 52 metres.

The proposed development is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement (2014) and conforms with the A Place to Growth Plan (2019).

This report reviews and recommends approval of the application to amend the Zoning By-law. The proposal is consistent with the relevant policies of the Official Plan. The proposal represents a new Leed Gold office building within the extension of the Financial District to Southcore that is accessible to public transit, improves the public realm and provides for an extension to the PATH system.

Back