Toronto The Gloucester on Yonge | 147.82m | 44s | Concord Adex | a—A

That's a case of apples and oranges. The Montreal street is much narrower and older - from the 1910's or possibly before. There's just very little room to plant trees. But still, here's what they managed to do one block north.

Here are some examples from 4 different Montreal neighbourhoods that are more comparable to your Toronto example in terms of distances between the facades on each side of the street :

7542 avenue de Gaspé (in Villeray)
4648 rue Marquette (in Plateau Mont-Royal)
361 rue Gordon (in Verdun)
4066 rue Harvard (in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce)

Montreal has hundreds of kilometers of streets that look like these.
Yes Montreal generally does have older neighborhoods with a greater breadth of multi-family brick/stone dwellings which give the city a more urban feel and character- it's old apts with spiral iron staircases are well known. Toronto neighborhoods have more of a suburban feel with it's many detached homes- more akin to a midwestern American city.

Concord stop lying to yourself, potential buyers, and everyone else in this city. We all know that you didnt "enhance" jack. If anything actually, you probably degraded this development with "timely" reductions in quality in the interior suites. It was far too late to wreak havoc to the exterior of the building envelop, so you saved the value engineering to the interior exclusively.
We don't know any of that specifically. Their marketing bumph is hyperbolic, as is the nature of the beast, but in response you are declaring your suppositions to be fact, maybe a little too stridently for me to let pass without comment.

We don't know any of that specifically. Their marketing bumph is hyperbolic, as is the nature of the beast, but in response you are declaring your suppositions to be fact, maybe a little too stridently for me to let pass without comment.

Fair point, of course the point I made above was strictly my opinion. One which I believe very strongly, but yes there is no evidence to support the claim...yet.

Given the state of progress of the building, combined with supply chain lead times, I would expect that all the principal interior lobby, corridor and suite finishing materials and builder supplied furnishings would have been ordered quite a while ago. At this point, the major groups with the haircut would be the 1. Purchasers (especially those with deposits on upgrades, which become unsecured creditor amounts), 2. Equity participants in the project - probably a total loss, and 3. Debt financiers.

If Concord Adex were to bail out now on suppliers for materials which had been contracted and on their way - it could both set back the project materially (redo the contracting and supply lead time processes), and do wonders for Concord Adex's reputation with suppliers (cash up front for any purchases for their other projects?).

That's crazy talk, lol😁, from from someone that has no facts just because they don't like certain developers...wow?

"The Gloucester"

Screenshot_20210211-192051_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
That stupid faux brick building at the southwest corner is a powerful testament to the absurdity of Heritage Planning in Toronto, who insisted on it being included. What rational person would ever think that that was a superior outcome to just extending the rest of the new podium around this corner? It looks cheap, idiotic, and there's already water damage all over the brick above the third floor windows.

That stupid faux brick building at the southwest corner is a powerful testament to the absurdity of Heritage Planning in Toronto, who insisted on it being included. What rational person would ever think that that was a superior outcome to just extending the rest of the new podium around this corner? It looks cheap, idiotic, and there's already water damage all over the brick above the third floor windows.
The alternative would have been a long glass façade. So while this "heritage preservation" is lip service at best, I'll take those 10ish metres of difference over another long block of glass and grey spandrel. The remainder of the podium at ground floor is already going to be a dismal glass nightmare.

Back