Toronto The Clair | 128.01m | 34s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Anyone know what's going on with the two separate residential elevator cores and two separate residential lobbies? The rental replacement units seem to be serviced off of the main elevator bank, but there is a second set of elevators that have a lobby opening into the second level retail unit ground floor entrance, that only services the podium levels (which appear to be also serviced by the main residential core).. It makes no sense to me.
Seconded. I too am curious about this.

I am very concerned about the fact that the height of this building exceeds the former OMB guidelines and it seems little consideration was given to residents In the existing condominiums and townhouses. The design looks vibrant; it doesn’t need to be yet another shadow -throwing monstrosity! It would be very interesting to see the renderings of the east view, as the projections seem to place the building right over the subway and right at the street car tracks. Would the east view be blocked by 40 0Pleasant Blvd? Has the projected construction start date been determined?

I am very concerned about the fact that the height of this building exceeds the former OMB guidelines and it seems little consideration was given to residents In the existing condominiums and townhouses. The design looks vibrant; it doesn’t need to be yet another shadow -throwing monstrosity! It would be very interesting to see the renderings of the east view, as the projections seem to place the building right over the subway and right at the street car tracks. Would the east view be blocked by 40 0Pleasant Blvd? Has the projected construction start date been determined?
The height was actually determined through litigation at the old OMB; that was a couple years ago now. (You can look through the thread for the specifics; I think ultimately it was a settlement, but I could be misremembering). What do you mean about OMB guidelines?
As I recall, and someone can correct me, the tower is going to be closer to mid-block between Pleasant and St Clair, so slightly north of the towers you're asking about. There is a link, maybe a few pages back, to the plans filled with the city.

Edited "before the OMB" to "at the OMB" clarify that it was in front of the OMB rather than chronologically prior to.

Last edited:
I'm always curious when people use 'concerned' in this context. What does it mean? I can empathize with being 'concerned' about a sick family pet or an aging loved one. I am concerned about the rising cyclist and pedestrian fatalities in this city. But I just can't fathom using that word to describe a building that might be slightly larger than an approved massing.

By the way, to quell your fears, it's not larger. The approval and the current proposal are both 128m.

GFA increased to 27,815 square metres from 26,319 square metres. Lower podium levels redesigned; glazed walls replaced with arched pedestrian entrances. Total unit account increased to 198 from 177.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.42.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.43.57 PM.png

The flat glass amenities (?) level feels disconnected. HPA needs to give it a few folds.
They have to maintain their interior amenity square footage, so to go along with one section folding inwards along the Yonge frontage so that one amenity space could have a balcony overlooking Yonge, there should also be one section folding outwards one the sidewalk just enough out to indicate where the main Yonge Street entry to the residential lobby is located (below it).

Back