Toronto The Clair | 128.01m | 34s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Terracap is clearly not a developer.

edit... nevermind. Looks like they maybe expanding into development to suit the needs of clients.

Last edited:
The public meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 23 at 7 pm at the Northern District Library (40 Orchard View Boulevard), Gwen Liu Meeting Room

Don't know if anyone went to last night meet, but it was overflow. Not only was it overflow, but a hostile crowd who were not willing to support anything over 10s. This include the ward councilor.

I have mix feelings on the height, but will be taller than what the crowd- wanted. The 2 building south of this site must be part of this development.

Most of all, the use of the lane for 136 cars for this site is DOA. This lane and traffic not only from this development but other business are a major headache for TTC in both direction today, let along when the site comes on line. My recommendation is only 25 share spots and that pushing it. All traffic using this lane need to turn right only to cut down on the interference with TTC and pedestrians.

To be blunt, this was a retire or near retirement crowd who only can see today life style, not the future needs.

The other concern is what going to happen during the 2.5 years of construction with a lane close of for construction by the crowd. Unlike the Clairmount across the street who build a loading dock deck over the excavation for parking on its site and off Young St, can't happen for this site.

The 2nd last person who spoke live in the Clairmount and was young, told the crowd off. I had to laugh when he started, as his comments where true and I agree with him.

A little more sit back from the street edge will help only if the other 2 building are part of the site. Even the building to the north should be part of the site.

The hight of the podium will be the width of the street with the building being set back at a number of location in the tower.

I see this heading to OMB

City Council adopted the Planning Department's Refusal Report for this today, so if Terracap does pursue the development in this form it will have to go to the OMB.

1421-Yonge_podium2_160616b.jpg

1421-Yonge-St_Page_01.jpg

New renderings

"To be consistent with the “Growth Plan” policies, the proposed height (151 meters) of the building is appropriate due to its proximity to the High-Order Transit Corridors.

The proposed development will be comprised of four (4) levels of underground parking, two (2) levels of retail, four (4) levels of office, one and a half floors of residential amenity space, and 38 levels of luxury residential condominium suites."
http://www.terracap.ca/terracapnew/news-2/

Tableau's quite good. In fairness, from the WCB days to the present, Wallman's always been more of a businessman than a 'designer' though.

1421-Yonge_podium2_160616b.jpg

1421-Yonge-St_Page_01.jpg

New renderings

"To be consistent with the “Growth Plan” policies, the proposed height (151 meters) of the building is appropriate due to its proximity to the High-Order Transit Corridors.

The proposed development will be comprised of four (4) levels of underground parking, two (2) levels of retail, four (4) levels of office, one and a half floors of residential amenity space, and 38 levels of luxury residential condominium suites."
http://www.terracap.ca/terracapnew/news-2/

This building has been added to The 120m List. Not sure how I missed it.

I'm all for this building's height and density. I went to the June 2015 meeting, just a bunch of older NIMBYs living across the ravine or the west side of Yonge. Unbelievable, the only valid questions I heard from the Q&A was about space deliveries. This is the intersection of a subway line and a streetcar on its own right-of-way, height and density should be encouraged here, and I don't see the OMB ignoring that key feature.

That said, I hate the podium. That glass wall is offensive, and it is not set back far enough. If the developer could tweak this to present a new podium that mimics the existing built form in that area, this would go a long way to making the proposal acceptable IMO.

Wallman hasn't produced an interesting design since, well, ever?
Harsh!
Tableau's quite good. In fairness, from the WCB days to the present, Wallman's always been more of a businessman than a 'designer' though.
Still rather uncharitable.

I'm not impressed by this one—yet (it's still pretty early in the design process though), and 300 Front is a major dud because Tridel cut the budget…

but along with Tableau (which is a standout), Wallman's responsible for a number of better than average condos from the last several years, including X2, Rêve, Victory, and Lumière, and there's a string of buildings that remain renderings for the time being that I'm looking forward to, like Beacon, Scala, Kingsway by the River, 771 Yonge.

Ten York is turing out better than anyone predicted it would too. While Wallman may not be a starchitect, he has lots to be proud of, and is more than a businessman. Rats'n'frats'n punks.

Back