Toronto The Capitol | 60.35m | 15s | Madison Group | Turner Fleischer

Current Permits:

View attachment 374093

They haven't actually applied for the Demo permit yet.

I watched a Star Trek movie marathon there; as well as the superb film 'The Gods Must Be Crazy'.

In respect of the former, I learned very clearly that sitting through 5 films in one day is at least 3 too many.

I also learned that Star Trek 1 is uniquely terrible, no matter how much sympathy you have for the franchise, viewing it should be classified as a form of torture in the form of intense boredom.

Now now, Star Trek: TMP is incredibly cerebral for a mainstream blockbuster, but I don't think I could call it terrible. Star Trek: Nemesis, on the other hand...

My mom took me to see The Gods Must Be Crazy at the University theatre in Yorkville. I recall really liking it, but I doubt that film could be made today...

Taken on the night of April 14th

20220414_223736.jpg

20220414_223803.jpg

All the tenants are out and it looks like it is getting prepped for demolition to begin soon:

Indeed, permit was issued on Friday!

1655041243082.png

Permit for facade retention system also issued.

Shoring/New Building are both pending.

Updated demolition from the Yonge street frontage and shoring commenced in the rear. They have closed the sidewalk for the entire block on Yonge Street, for a month or more, and are forcing pedestrians walking on this west side of Yonge to cross the street to the east at Briar Hill and then cross back to the west side further south of this site. Very inconvenient! I would hope this will not be necessary for the entire construction period.

DSC04807.JPG

DSC04808.JPG

DSC04809.JPG

DSC04810.JPG

DSC04811.JPG

DSC04812.JPG

Back