Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

WP_000590.jpg

Looks like construction may be starting... sign being taken down...

I am excited about the base, I think it will add some much needed street life into this corner.

Attachments

• WP_000590.jpg
    WP_000590.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 477
For me, I need to wait until this one is done to make an informed judgment. But--as it stands right now, the Sutton is a bit of an eye sore. But that's not to say it needs a complete facelift to make it respectable; perhaps just a touching up would do...

Construction already? For reason, I thought sales were not strong here.

Is this thing close to being sold out?

I wonder what happened to the renters in there? I always liked the Sutton Place building and hotel, it brought much needed life and an exciting vibe to that section of Bay Street. I'll miss it.

is this being torn down and rebuilt or?.. how they gonna pull of the look with the existing building? cut out a lot of pieces? the new britt dosent match up to the existing structure what so ever. just curious?

Construction already? For reason, I thought sales were not strong here.

Is this thing close to being sold out?

Considering that this project launched after the new mortgage rules came into effect and on the cusp of the rapidly decelerating new condo market I would be shocked if there are any buyers for The Brat (as in spoiled student Brats) condo.

I'd like to meet one end user who will stand up in public today and proudly proclaim that this hodgepodge of redesign and clutter based more in fantasy depictions on paper than concrete foundations intends to be their future home. As such any investor buyer need qualify for a mortgage with true Canadian residency and income. It would surprise me greatly if the local crowd has in fact shown up en masse to support this foreign investor targeted vehicle. Elvis has left the building folks- the foreign investors are gone- for now.

Call me cynical (and weary of Lanterra's intentions) but I have a hunch.

A further point of clarification- the 'living' Sutton Place Hotel was a definitive hot spot and a fluid & functioning environment for decades. The Sutton Place of recent was badly under managed, poorly maintained and a sad reflection of its former self. I think most of us would prefer the former condition to the latter obviously, but the future offshore dorm room that is trying to replace it is not desirable either.

The Britt is a joke. Saw a quote where Lanterra mentioned that Prince Charles would feel at home here when it was done. What complete nonsense. Leave the Sutton alone.

Back