Toronto The Addison Residences | 49.9m | 16s | Adi | Core Architects

We recently ran a front page story covering some of the recent history of the evolving proposal on this site, and Core Architects have now sent the following along, as a not to show "where we started, but then through negotiations with City, then came the white scheme you had shown and then the dark one".

So, here's the Core plan pre the City's influence:

CoreStartingPt135Ptld.jpg

Looks better white. many gloomy black buildings already
123 Portland (Minto) is a breath of fresh air

The black looks way better to me. It's interesting that the City was able to exert influence on aesthetic / material selection given all the talk on this forum that they can't force their stance on non-planning related matters. Nice to hear cooperation on behalf of the architects / developer.

New documents were uploaded to the AIC on February 28th. No new renderings, but some elevations worth bringing forward. This one has definitely been run through the spandrel machine.

Overall elevations:

West
View attachment 393177

East
View attachment 393178

North
View attachment 393179

South
View attachment 393180

Detail elevations

View attachment 393181

View attachment 393182

View attachment 393183

View attachment 393184

All images taken from the AIC.
Yup, that is horrible. Yet another instance of Adi Developments bluffing their way through the early goings… and then when they have to show their cards, it's not a winning hand.

I took that same picture on Saturday and completely forgot about it w/the deluge of photos I took/posted.......

But since you reminded me.........I decided to look at the permits for this one.............

There is 'news' of a sort................nothing comes easy on this site!

1653939087787.png

Demolition permits were applied for, for all the properties and all refused.

I went by this street yesterday afternoon and depending on how long that car in front was parked there, I may have been in the area at the same time as bilked.

In case anyone had the urgency to see the marketing signage in a closer zoom lol

20220529_152902.jpg

I went by this street yesterday afternoon and depending on how long that car in front was parked there, I may have been in the area at the same time as bilked.

In case anyone had the urgency to see the marketing signage in a closer zoom lol

View attachment 403634

While lifestyle marketing is a thing, I still find that really odd, no hint of the building, exterior, interior, amenity or view..................instead the suggestion is either that this will be an excellent place to live if you're a woman who loves to take her bicycle for a walk; or if you want to meet such a woman at a nearby park.

Last edited:
While lifestyle marketing is a thing, I still find that really odd, no hint of the building, exterior, interior, amenity or view..................instead the suggestion is either that this will be an excellent place to live if you're a woman who loves to take her bicycle for a walk; or if you want to meet such a woman at a nearby park.

Back