image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 448
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 499
Will they bury or at least simplify the utility lines in that area?
Cause right now it looks third-worldly.

Will they bury or at least simplify the utility lines in that area?
Cause right now it looks third-worldly.

Agreed, many areas of Toronto that would otherwise look not so bad look pretty dumpy because of all the utility poles (especially the wooden ones), and power lines.

I'd like to see them buried. The buildings along the street would be more noticeable and create a stronger sense of enclosure for the street. Trees would be able to grow freely towards the sky instead of being pruned awkwardly. It would be easier to restore facades and to do other forms of construction on buildings without having to worry about hitting or touching utility lines.

Last edited:
There are some before-after pictures where it feels like the only things that haven't changed in a 100 years are the utility lines.

Last edited:
Has anyone driven past this one lately? I drove by about a week ago, but it was late at night and pouring rain outside so it was tough to see, but it looked like this was close to being topped off. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks guys, at least I know my eyes didn't deceive me.

Definitely interested to see them start the exterior here

"Will they bury or at least simplify the utility lines in that area?"

This comes up often. Who is "they"? Who will pay for the rebuild of the power distribution system?
You can't just drop a high voltage line into a trench.

Nice -- so it doesn't seem like it's fully topped off quite yet. Really nice progress though, I believe it's supposed to be completed by January.

Back