Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Gosh good building (nice night lighting) but a splash of colour (even charcoal/black on the inset slabs) would have done so much to mix up the montoney.. need those colour changes in southcore and elsewhere.

What I like about the once tall, now tiny invisible condos on the s side of QQ at York... is the argument it has between bold blue on the east and white precast on the west. Those used to look tall lol.

Last edited:
Yesterday:

DSC08336.jpg
DSC08340.jpg

This has turned out pretty well. The star of the building is obviously the west facing side, it's very dramatic coming in on the Gardiner. The rooftop light feature was a real nice surprise, it kind of completes the building. A good addition to the area.

There are 2 missing or damaged spandrel panels on the tower, near the top on the right. I first noticed them on the ferry back from the islands last week. At this point, it looks like they're going to stay that way.

There are 2 missing or damaged spandrel panels on the tower, near the top on the right. I first noticed them on the ferry back from the islands last week. At this point, it looks like they're going to stay that way.
Calm down. It's been a hot minute since the building registered and who knows what's going on behind the scenes (ordering materials, waiting for the next window washing schedule, etc.). Sometimes these finishes take months. Or in the L Tower's situation, five years.

I presume once mass-production of the cladding ends, it can be a real pain to order individual pieces.

Back