Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I can hear the howls of protest, but the same can be said for a lot of buildings. Even a now famous black box :)

f1526_fl0046_it0012.jpg

As long as a building passes the "Tourist Test", as in will it stop a tourist in their tracks enough to pull out a camera to take a photo, then it's fine by me.

^ I was thinking more the angular podium rather than the actual tower, although having said that, I guess the best views of that are from places that tourists aren't likely to be walking. For now at least.

I think you guys are wrong. Not my favourite thing ever but it is THE tower that catches people’s eye when entering downtown from eastbound gardiner. It’s presence is very commanding.

I think you guys are wrong. Not my favourite thing ever but it is THE tower that catches people’s eye when entering downtown from eastbound gardiner. It’s presence is very commanding.

I think that says more about the overwhelming blandness of its neighbours than anything about its actual appeal.

Being the best of a bad bunch and being "tourist snap-worthy" are two dramatically different things.

Sure they are looking at this as they pass the CN Tower. Funny.

Anyone remember when there was a running track on top of the, if I'm not mistaken, TD center? It was blue. I remember seeing it as a kid when I was at the CN Tower.
downtown-toronto-aerial-view-8857442.jpg

I remember it, but darned if I can find a pic of it. That may be the dusty remnant of it over at the rightmost tower, though I seem to recall it as being more central.

Attachments

• downtown-toronto-aerial-view-8857442.jpg
    downtown-toronto-aerial-view-8857442.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 635
View attachment 134040
I remember it, but darned if I can find a pic of it. That may be the dusty remnant of it over at the rightmost tower, though I seem to recall it as being more central.
It was more central. In fact, you couldn't miss it. There were pics floating around of it years back on the net. I remember seeing them. Someone had actually intentionally taken photos of it from the CN Tower, pre-digital camera area, scanned them, and they found their way online. Go figure.

Back