Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Sure, it's spandrel like so many others, but I didn't expect much more, as the renders tend to indicate the type of look in the final product. I believe, and hope, the entire sliver at the corner that extends up the building to form the crown, will be curtain wall (similar to Aura).

Sure, it's spandrel like so many others, but I didn't expect much more, as the renders tend to indicate the type of look in the final product. I believe, and hope, the entire sliver at the corner that extends up the building to form the crown, will be curtain wall (similar to Aura).

The east facade is curtainwall. You can see that they've left pockets on the edge of slab to receive the anchors. I can't make out pockets on the west facade (the sliver) but I also don't see any good closeups of edge of slab for that side.

Edit: Found a good closeup a few pages back. There are pockets on the west side as well. So it's just the north and south that are windowwall. The other two sides are curtainwall.

Oh no... The materials look like they came from a 1962 retail duplex, a hair salon on one side,
a dry cleaners on the other.

If this is any indication of what's to follow, it could be worse than 300 Front.

Cladding making its debut on the south side now

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And some more up on the lower podium

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 972
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,056
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 994
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 967
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 970
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 1,005
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,011
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,019
Cladding doesn't look any worse the majority of the window wall being used elsewhere. The spandrel glass is at least a consistent horizontal stripe. Granted I wasn't expecting much and it isn't much but, I find this more much more appealing than 300 Front.

There will be curtainwall used on the two ends of the tower too from my understanding, the window wall is only in use on the flat "sides" of the building.

I'm still optimistic about this. I wish it was black. But I can handle white. The fins are pretty substantial, and should be impactful.

Back