Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Ten York reminds me of this building that I saw in downtown Calgary several years ago. I really like the pointy-ness of the corner, which Ten York is not gonna have unfortunately.
img_1503-6-jpg.59769

Just like the podium of Pure Spirits condo @ Distillery :)

pure_spirit.jpg

https://inspiared.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/the-evolution-of-condo-design/

We all love bonus photos, right?

IMG_9596.jpg
IMG_9602.jpg
IMG_9608.jpg
IMG_9609.jpg
IMG_9613.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9596.jpg
    IMG_9596.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,436
  • IMG_9602.jpg
    IMG_9602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,393
  • IMG_9608.jpg
    IMG_9608.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,444
  • IMG_9609.jpg
    IMG_9609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,452
  • IMG_9613.jpg
    IMG_9613.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,396
Thanks for those great shots, and the news update. Strikes me that this is moving along at a very nice pace, especially given the tight quarters here.

I'm excited about the possibility of the parking garage from which some of the photos were taken getting nixed. I mean, once the off ramp here comes down in the next few years, the lot that garage stands on will be ripe for development. We could get something really cool there, and it'd bookend this stretch of the Lake Shore really nicely.

Just like the podium of Pure Spirits condo @ Distillery :)

That podium trips me out every time I drive north on Parliament at night. The angled reflection gives the illusion that I can see a car through the glass driving west along Mill at the same speed, and about to run through their red. I'm used to it by now and immediately know it's my reflection, but it's enough to make my heart jump for a split sec.

Ditto the Missouri class remark. As for J G Ballard, I was thinking the area is becoming more like the gleaming, soaring city of Fritz Lang's Metropolis, but it's a similar vibe.

Ditto the Missouri class remark. As for J G Ballard, I was thinking the area is becoming more like the gleaming, soaring city of Fritz Lang's Metropolis, but it's a similar vibe.
Without the wafting Wright Brothers' planes, but I'm with you! Good analogy...

Last edited:

Back