Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Hey, so I can get us back on topic.

There's going to be no precast on the exterior of this building. You're getting glass'n'steel, and the bulk of it will be curtain wall. I have a pic of the top of the tower.

10YorkExtSky1280.jpg

So, at the ends of the building, that's curtain wall. At the top of the building, that's curtain wall. Between the windows, and framing the extruded section, that's all a finished metal. The windows in the extruded section are window wall, but a special type called "shadow box" with an appearance very close to curtain wall. It's used there to allow for the triangular fins between the windows.

I think you guys are going to be able to rest easy, certainly easier, about the quality of finishes on Ten York.

(…which I have been saying for a while, but it took some time to get more details.)

Attachments

• 10YorkExtSky1280.jpg
    10YorkExtSky1280.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 2,194
Dear Tridel,

From every member @ UrbanToronto, we would like to thank you for deciding not cheapening out on materials. We have gone through that numerous times, and every time it has never worked out.

Sincerely,
UrbanToronto members via Me

Tridel isn't cheapening out? Whaaaaaat?!

But seriously, if this is the case, this might actually be a really nice addition to the area aesthetically. I'm still not trusting of Tridel on stuff like this but this really does look promising.

Some of the early DSLRs were only 6MP, half of what's in an iPhone today. They still produced amazing picture. It's the shooter, not the camera, that matters.
The shooter matters, yes. But the glass hugely matters too. The lens on a DSLR is far superior to that on any phone.

Finally they're above ground. Does anyone know how long it's going to take for this building to top up?
It's going to look sharp!

Back