TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 171m | 52s | Lanterra | architectsAlliance

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
those cheque cashing, kitschy tourist shops, body piercing, and phone repair places will be sorely missed.

Condo retail isn't always terrible, look at 5ive. Bar Volo, Wickson Social, Aroma Cafe, and RBC. RBC is the only one that I would argue is "bad" retail.
Don't get it it? how can banks be bad retail business when they are so busy..is it a UT thing cause it sure is not for normal people?

ptbotrmpfn

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wasemt saying I like the stores that were once there just that there was many of them compared to what is going to be available and big box stores arnt quality. More is a Tim’s though I love me a timmies anywhere.. lol

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
Don't get it it? how can banks be bad retail business when they are so busy..is it a UT thing cause it sure is not for normal people?
Banks usually sign as anchor tenants fairly early in the process. I wish condos had more foresight and designed underground or 2nd floor commercial spaces for banks, shoppers drug marts, and so on, to keep ground level retail more vibrant.

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
You ever been in front of a bank at 8PM? Banks have limited hours and are basically dead zones 2/3's of the day and on weekends.

TwoDogs_39

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is it me, or is this project coming together quite nicely? The materials and glazing look higher quality than I expected, and there seems to be a lot going on on the lower levels. I'm hopeful this will look good.