Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

It's not bad when you stop and look at it head on, but if you're walking down the street and glance at it you'll just see a wall of reflective sheen. A little more texture would have been nice, but at least it's only a third of the podium

Why was bjrkz banned just for pointing out that someone has low standards based on their comment that literally says "anything that isn't spandrel is good enough"?
If saying someone's standards are low or overly shaped on navel-gazing Toronto's selection of condo architecture is considered a personal attack, then I suppose this forum no longer entertains critical discussions of architecture.

Are they actually banned or did they have a post deleted? Their profile says they were online just over 30 minutes ago

Why was bjrkz banned just for pointing out that someone has low standards based on their comment that literally says "anything that isn't spandrel is good enough"?
If saying someone's standards are low or overly shaped on navel-gazing Toronto's selection of condo architecture is considered a personal attack, then I suppose this forum no longer entertains critical discussions of architecture.
bjrkz was given a brief ban for not being able to disagree without insulting the person they were disagreeing with.

Today

IMG_0278.JPG

South tower is now almost as tall as north tower

IMG_0279.JPG

The terra cotta-like cladding on the north tower has reached the top residential floor

IMG_0280.JPG

i really hope economies of scale have convinced the builders to carry over the north tower's balcony slaps onto the south tower. Doubtful but here's hoping.

bjrkz was given a brief ban for not being able to disagree without insulting the person they were disagreeing with.

I guess I should be banned from architectural conversations everywhere then because I tell people all the time that their standards are too low. Which isn't a personal insult or personal attack no matter how you cut it.

I guess I should be banned from architectural conversations everywhere then because I tell people all the time that their standards are too low. Which isn't a personal insult or personal attack no matter how you cut it.
It depends upon how you phrase it. If you want to make the post about the other person instead of about architectural standards, you'll get banned for some amount of time.

The little bit of red goes a long way re: elevating the design of that tower. On the parking podium curtain wall, I'm hopeful that once it's all hung with proper detailing and trim/lighting, it will be a little more dimensional. I agree that it's relatively flat looking whereas I expected something with a bit more of a layered quality to it. Either way, the perforation pattern is interesting, and the panels seem reasonably high quality and not green!

In regards to perforations, I don't think they go through to the back of the panel, as there's no indication in the photos we've seen so far that you can tell where the concrete walls or voids are behind the panels. Here's Benito's pic from the previous page again:

899ea5dc-412f-41dc-8146-d0601b5f1348-jpeg.237019

I wonder if those panels may have LEDs incorporated into them in one way or another: maybe we get a light show outta this?

Back