Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Today. Working on the final residential floor of the north tower. South tower just about to appear from this angle.

IMG_0029.JPG

I'm an avid UTer, but have never clicked on this thread and didn't know about this building. I was walking down Yonge Street last weekend and came across this site. The podium is very impressive and the slant/step-backs on the smaller tower look very cool in person. I think this is going to be a great addition to Yonge.

The podium is very impressive and the slant/step-backs on the smaller tower look very cool in person. I think this is going to be a great addition to Yonge.

Well it's a great addition of what was previously there
Lets not forget
For as long as I can remember this has been my most disliked block on Yonge St.

Capture501.JPG

How many stores will be replacing the 17 that are now gone?
those cheque cashing, kitschy tourist shops, body piercing, and phone repair places will be sorely missed.

Condo retail isn't always terrible, look at 5ive. Bar Volo, Wickson Social, Aroma Cafe, and RBC. RBC is the only one that I would argue is "bad" retail.

those cheque cashing, kitschy tourist shops, body piercing, and phone repair places will be sorely missed.

Condo retail isn't always terrible, look at 5ive. Bar Volo, Wickson Social, Aroma Cafe, and RBC. RBC is the only one that I would argue is "bad" retail.
Don't get it it? how can banks be bad retail business when they are so busy..is it a UT thing cause it sure is not for normal people?

Wasemt saying I like the stores that were once there just that there was many of them compared to what is going to be available and big box stores arnt quality. More is a Tim’s though I love me a timmies anywhere.. lol

Back