Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Any insider knowledge about retail tenants? I hope this won't be vacant for years like some of the retail units at 1 Bloor East. I don't understand why some landlords choose to keep units vacant for years rather than leasing them at a discount. There should be a tax on retail units that are vacant beyond a certain period, at least on major downtown streets. They blight the streets and suck the life out of them.

Any insider knowledge about retail tenants? I hope this won't be vacant for years like some of the retail units at 1 Bloor East. I don't understand why some landlords choose to keep units vacant for years rather than leasing them at a discount. There should be a tax on retail units that are vacant beyond a certain period, at least on major downtown streets. They blight the streets and suck the life out of them.

CBRE's retail brochure, current to June '22 shows nothing leased at that time.

I'm thinking of the Liberties condos at Bay and Gerrard. I moved there in 1988 when it opened, and most of the retail spaces remained empty for at least a decade, in some cases a lot longer.

67369612-5630-4B1B-B447-B64B9F12336E.jpeg

YESTERDAY

Will they not be installing the terracotta coloured trim on the south west corner like the rest of this tower? It has been like this for ages now.
I had thought that was intentional...as they where trying to be "stylish" with their design of it or something. On closer look, it does appear to be unfinished now. So good question...and one I can't answer. >.<

The shorter section length of the rightmost trim suggests to me that it's intentional. If you look closely, every section is the same length except for those ones.

The only rendering where one might see an intentional s/w corner gap in terracotta, is right of centre in this one below (all others show it wrapping around corners).

But oddly, this render also shows a gap in terracotta on the n/w corner lol (centre of render) ... which didn't happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my comments here don't help answer the question whatsoever.

799-76766.jpg

UT

So there will be trees on street level? Is it done by the city or developers? why aren't there cells built for them?

So there will be trees on street level? Is it done by the city or developers? why aren't there cells built for them?
Unlikely there will be any trees until the City rebuilds this section of Yonge in the mid-to-late 2020s (which should have trees and bike lanes if all goes to plan). Everything north of College will be ripped up to be rebuilt in a few years so I suppose that's why all the developments between College and Bloor (Clover being another notable offender) have neglected to add any trees. Not great for a few years, but perhaps better than planting trees and then cutting them all down 3 years later (cus godforbid we'd ever spend the money to replant them)

Looks like the glass canopy is finally getting installed. In reference to trees in this part of Yonge, I think the long overdue revitalization of Yonge south of College is to commence this coming spring.

The north tower and podium look so sharp, it's a shame the south portion is such a bore. Imagine how great this would've looked if the taller south tower had a twin design, perhaps flipped 180 degrees.

...I means it's sorta bland, but it isn't spandrel bland. I'll take the former any day!

Back