Toronto The Taylor | 24.69m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

…and we now have a blow-up of that first tease in the dataBase file, so you can see the design quite a bit better.

Anyway, I don't think they were trying to hide anything, they're just setting a mood that fits with the season - cold winter night, nice glow from the windows, lights on the trees, etc! We'll see much more before the opening.

By the way: front page story!

Love it! Great scale. Great streetwall. Good name. I especially like how it tapers down to be at the same height as the building on its right (south?), while tapering up to be at the same height as the building to its left.

The building looks good from the renderings... I think. The faux-aged yellow tinge makes it hard to tell what the final finish and colour will be like.

I was by the site earlier in the week and noticed that demolition of the existing buildings on the site is well underway. Sorry, forgot to snap photos.

Yes I rode past yesterday on my Vespa and the old warehouses are flattened. I have friends in the townhouse that will be right up against the townhouses that will be built on the site.

Back