Toronto The Taylor | 121m | 36s | Tricon | Diamond Schmitt

Mon Sep 21, 2020

240F1255-03CF-4B48-9359-6C3387CCFDD8.jpeg
28501456-C131-482D-A755-AEBC6D40A972.jpeg

Just about to step back on the west side which means this should move a bit quicker now. Didn't realize the north side was set back in after the 8th floor. Should create a bit of an interesting condition once the building next door moves forward, but wow is this a thin & long tower!

Setting aside my supertall geek inclinations, I think The Taylor and 75 The Esplanade will become my favourite two new highrise builds: both just perfect for their locations (with a nice touch of height), massing, materials etc. There's too many mid-rises to mention on a favourite list (ok I'll mention Waterworks).

From the CN Tower on Friday:
View attachment 270473

Ive been looking for this perspective! Do you have a wider shot like this? I’m in a condo just out of frame at the top of this picture and I’m curious how my view of the CN tower will be affected as this rises. I’ve seen 3D models but I can now see the crane popping into my view and it feels like it’s farther away to the left of the CN tower than what the model calculated.

A wider shot viewed from the CN tower would resolve this mystery. Please share if you have one.

Ive been looking for this perspective! Do you have a wider shot like this? I’m in a condo just out of frame at the top of this picture and I’m curious how my view of the CN tower will be affected as this rises. I’ve seen 3D models but I can now see the crane popping into my view and it feels like it’s farther away to the left of the CN tower than what the model calculated.

A wider shot viewed from the CN tower would resolve this mystery. Please share if you have one.
Here you go:

Back