Toronto The Taylor | 121m | 36s | Tricon | Diamond Schmitt

Pic taken Mar 21, 2018

HXvaIvo.jpg

By the renders, it appears none of that brick is being integrated into the new development which is too bad.

There is brick in the proposed building but it will not be reused from the existing structure, if that's what you're asking.

It would have been nice to see the brick face maintained here.
The King-Spadina HCD lists this property as a Contributing Property as well, so I'm surprised to see it being demo'd.

upload_2018-3-29_9-54-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_9-54-25.png
    upload_2018-3-29_9-54-25.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 762
Agreed, we will likely see an application here in the near future.
Aside from the Environmental issues, separation distances to 57 Spadina and shadow concerns to the east, this site has great potential.

I think those are all good reasons for why this property may not redevelop in the near future. Also I've heard, can't remember where, that these twin gas stations on either side of Spadina are two of the highest grossing (per pump, presumably?) in the City due to their prime on/off-Gardiner location.

Agreed, we will likely see an application here in the near future.
Aside from the Environmental issues, separation distances to 57 Spadina and shadow concerns to the east, this site has great potential.

I would think the potential is quite limited by exactly those issues -- it's not a very big site to begin with, and tower separation from 57 is going to be a pronounced limitation given the tower's placement on the 57 site.

I would think the potential is quite limited by exactly those issues -- it's not a very big site to begin with, and tower separation from 57 is going to be a pronounced limitation given the tower's placement on the 57 site.

Fair point....I didn't realize how small the floor area was. Tower separation is likely to be around 25m, leaving minimal room for development.

All the renders show a 150m -ish building on the LCBO spot. I remember there being a proposal there but can't recall what happened with it...

Back