Toronto The Taylor | 121m | 36s | Tricon | Diamond Schmitt

...yeah, it looks like they ran out of money for the window wall. #spamdrelicious

Brick panels seem nicely detailed and high quality - can't say the same about the window wall. Just not enough contrast between the two, + the variations of tones in the dark brick doesn't register from a distance and gets kind of lost. Would have been nice to see a bright red or orange brick be used vs the deep plum.

IMG_7170.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG
IMG_7158.JPG
IMG_7160.JPG

Brick panels seem nicely detailed and high quality - can't say the same about the window wall. Just not enough contrast between the two, + the variations of tones in the dark brick doesn't register from a distance and gets kind of lost. Would have been nice to see a bright red or orange brick be used vs the deep plum.

View attachment 291135View attachment 291136View attachment 291138View attachment 291137
My thoughts exactly, too dark, can't even tell those are not black bricks with those black windows :(

Anyone here knows why grey spandrels are cheaper than other colours? I assume that must be the reason most condos in Toronto use them.

Anyone here knows why grey spandrels are cheaper than other colours? I assume that must be the reason most condos in Toronto use them.
Grey spandrel is indeed cheaper than coloured as the pigments used to back-paint are more expensive. Colour matching different panels up the tower is also time-consuming (read: more $$).

Back