Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

Maybe there is a chance for some free standing tables with chairs.

Similar to what is under the tree canopy at Berczy. Might just not be out yet or not until next spring?

Haven't seen any plans for the space.

The northeast corner is an eyesore begging for redevelopment
I personally like the building and I think I has really good potential if the city would sell it.

Having a cafe or restaurant there with a big patio that uses the "regular" sidewalk would be great.

Add an awning, use the green roof to grow some veg for the menu options.

Would fit perfectly into the enviro/vegan/health conscious category.

Maybe there is a chance for some free standing tables with chairs.

Similar to what is under the tree canopy at Berczy. Might just not be out yet or not until next spring?

Haven't seen any plans for the space.

From Cormier's Website:

1629587726141.png

taken from: https://www.claudecormier.com/en/projet/117-peter-street/

I don't see any seating.

I assume that's the most up to date iteration.

I agree with your idea; though the area is quite small, and the number of trees provides very limited room; but depending on size, you could get 4, maybe 5 little bistro tables with 2 chairs each in there.

The lack of seating probably has to do with the "square" being directly in front a homeless shelter

Putting aside that ideally we ought not to deprive anyone of a place to sit outside.......

An odd choice in that, to my understanding the shelter there is specifically for those transitioning to permanent housing.

It's also a pretty modest bed count, I believe, 40 and change....?

So you would think this would be a site where inordinate challenges wouldn't be foreseen.

Last edited:

Back